What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

On 27/03/2020 at 21:31, Markh-75 said:

Big Big Train; Grimspound.

49705247103_2ba3df0668_z.jpg 

Another Big Big Train fan! I love this album, as I do everything from the difference engine to Grand Tour.

Three albums by The Horrors, these being Primary Colours, Skying and Luminous. I've had mixed feelings about the band in the past, but I thought I'd give them another shot. They certainly wear their influences on their collective sleeve (not that there's anything wrong with that) and those influences are quite diverse. Sometimes they hit the mark, sometimes not. It comes across as a bit contrived at times, but the good bits are worth the effort, IMO.

I'm of that age where I heard those influences first time around as a teenager, back when it was all totally new. It  can be fun and interesting hearing it all reimagined, especially if it's done well, but there are times when I can't help but smile wryly.

13 hours ago, Markh-75 said:

I’m not quite used to Grand Tour yet, but love all the other albums. Did you know that Dave Gregory is leaving?

No I didn't,  shame.

Edited by Whofan

I've gone to the REALLY ancient music.  Listening to TuneIn Internet radio. British Home Front Radio, sister station to UK 1940s Radio.  Besides I like old Jazz. Almost have developed a liking for George Formby😜

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

I've gone to the REALLY ancient music.  Listening to TuneIn Internet radio. British Home Front Radio, sister station to UK 1940s Radio.  Besides I like old Jazz. Almost have developed a liking for George Formby😜

Only when you’re cleaning winders?😂😂😂

• Like 1