What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

On 8/4/2020 at 12:21 PM, Whofan said:

I had the pleasure of seeing Bonnie in concert at a Rugby Club summer ball in 1979, which was pretty good, even though she was eclipsed (oh dear, unconcious pun!) by the Steve Gibbons band who were nominally the support band. Overall, a great nighht, bellowing along to it's a hard egg and Lost in France!

Not sure which Bonnie Tyler tune off the top of my head, might have been the one obliquely referenced above, but my first thought on hearing it was, 'I detect the hand of Jim Steinman.'

• Like 1

And here's the other side of the tape which I played earlier this afternoon.

George Harrison - I've got my mind set on you.

Eddie Rabbit - I love a rainy night.

Alvin Stardust - Jealous Heart.

Rod Stewart - Passion.

Matchbox - Rockabilly Rebel.

Alannah Miles - Black Velvet.

Elton John - Crazy Water.

Keith Marshal - Only Crying.

Them - Baby please don't go.

Leif Garret - I was made for dancing,

Guns 'n' Roses - Living on a prayer.

Check One Two - Mona.

Dave Edmunds - Queen of Hearts.

And this is my all time favourite from that list;

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JosephLalor said:

Not sure which Bonnie Tyler tune off the top of my head, might have been the one obliquely referenced above, but my first thought on hearing it was, 'I detect the hand of Jim Steinman.'

Good spot.

Jim Steinman worked with Bonnie Tyler producing two of her albums, Faster than the Speed of Night and Secret Dreams and Forbidden fire.

He wrote Faster than the Speed of Night and Total Eclipse of the Heart from the Faster album, and also wrote 4 songs on Forbidden dreams, Holding out for a hero, and the one linked to, Loving you's a dirty job, a duet with Todd RUndgren and 2 others.

Todd Rundgren produced the first Bat out of Hell album, and in the somewhat incestuous world of Jim Steinman's songs, meatloaf recorded Loving you's a dirty job on his album Braver than we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/08/2020 at 17:24, Vince1159 said:

Some old favourites...

The Mental as anythig track is of course featured in Crocodile Dundee, which is where I heard it for the first time.

• Like 1

Just done the live feed of Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls show 2500!

Fantastic!

Bargain too!

A gig with good toilets and cheep booze. ie, my place!

The way forward!

Rick.