What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

This lovely tune from Lost Horizons. The band comprises of Simon Raymonde (Cocteau Twins) and Richard Thomas (Dif Juz) and for once, they've penned a tune that has echoes of both bands. I couldn't help be reminded of Harold Budd's flowing piano playing too. I have to confess that I teared up listening to the song.

• Like 1

Music of all sorts really can heal the savage soul of all of us of all ages, love the pure energy from these young guys in seeming Lock Down frustration ... but having fun anyway ... they have my respect.

Love this cover of a great classic and the energy and friendship in vid ... I wish them, as an Old Rocker ... to fresh young Rockers the very best ... really enjoyed this and wanted to share.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 17:30, Mick4350 said:

Tangerine Dream, COLOGNE WDR SENDESAAL Germany, 29th March 1986. 

Tangerine Tree, Volume 58, Cologne 1986 ...

I went to see Tangerine Dream in Glasgow a few years ago, awesome, they played a near 3 hour set from their history with no breaks between songs at all ... straight into the next one, quite a feat really, loved it, always liked them, their entire catalogue.

9 hours ago, One 48 said:

I went to see Tangerine Dream in Glasgow a few years ago, awesome, they played a near 3 hour set from their history with no breaks between songs at all ... straight into the next one, quite a feat really, loved it, always liked them, their entire catalogue.

Seen them many times. Always great. If anyone is interested, they have a winter sale on at the moment. Two single or double albums for 22 euros.

John.

9 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Seen them many times. Always great. If anyone is interested, they have a winter sale on at the moment. Two single or double albums for 22 euros.

John.

Looking at getting The Endless Season on CD from a local seller. ...?

• Like 1

Mick4350

This is a wee vid I took of TD at Glasgow in March 2019, this is them coming on stage ... some guy in crowd shouts "Welcome Back" they dont play live these days much any-more and it had been a long time for Scotland especially, met folk that night from all over UK for this show, some from mainland Europe too ... it was a great non stop almost 3hr show with no breaks between songs.

This song they kicked off with is Sorcerer, awesome.

• Thanks 1

Its not often I post here in this thread but while watching TV tonight I heard a song that is an obvious cover. Now normally Im not a big fan of covers as they tend to lose something in translation. However in this case I think the cover is quite well done. It is a cover of Alphaville’s “Forever Young”. The group that did it is called Firewood-island. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_dQcIYDlTE&vidve=5727&autoplay=1

And the original by Alphaville to compare if interested ? 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oNjQXmoxiQ8&vidve=5727&autoplay=1

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Listening to my Mp3 on shuffle while her indoors has boring old Eastenders on the telly. Mind, she's on her fone and hasn't even looked at it!

So, This. Still absolutely awesome!

And that segued into this....with more goodies to come.

• Like 1