What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Wonderfully non PC (even then, yet the stuffed shirts at the BBC didn't realise it) and all the funnier because of that.

I watched a Kenneth Williams documentary just yesterday.

In those days, and the days just after the war, some of the hierarchy at the BBC were, shall we say, not the full shilling. I remember watching a program about the origins of the Goon Show (an absolutely brilliant program IMO), and Peter Sellers was explaining the reaction from Aunties top people. Apparently, they wanted to know what this new Go on show was about. Out of touch, or what?

John.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/1/2021 at 8:50 PM, Ratch said:

Next... The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

I loved what they did with Delilah!

I'm now listening (and watching some of ( Oblivion scenes)) this. Chilled and out the other side!

And then switch to this.... Heaven.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ratch said:

Groundhogs - Cherry Red

I think I came to this late; I heard it for the first time on a Tommy Vance show in the late ‘70’s, but the track itself is late ‘60’s, I believe.

Another classic track from that era.

Thanks for the reminder.

• Thanks 1

We used to wag Friday afternoons off school, go to my mates and listen to his older brother's albums. I hadn't heard Split for about thirty years, and rediscovered it. Wonderful memories 🤩

Last Sunday I listened to "Ocean Rain" by Echo and the Bunnymen. I have now decided to an all "APP(Alan Parsons Project, and his separate CDs)" playlist on my CD player. It has 6 slots for CDs, so, I am starting with the "tales of Mystery and Imagination" Deluxe Edition with 2 discs. These are all CDs with the bonus tracks; so, a lot of extra music. "I Robot" is next.

• Like 1

Syro by Aphex Twin.

There was a time when every Aphex release was eagerly anticipated and often involved a trip into London to track down the (inevitable) limited release, although I sometimes got lucky in one of Cambridge's excellent record shops. By the time Drukqs came out, I'd fallen in love with Boards Of Canada, their music having far more emotional impact on me.

2014's Syro came and went and I somehow never got around to listening to it. It's just as obtuse and wilful as you'd expect, but much, much funkier. I'm enjoying it so far!

40 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Syro by Aphex Twin.

There was a time when every Aphex release was eagerly anticipated and often involved a trip into London to track down the (inevitable) limited release, although I sometimes got lucky in one of Cambridge's excellent record shops. By the time Drukqs came out, I'd fallen in love with Boards Of Canada, their music having far more emotional impact on me.

2014's Syro came and went and I somehow never got around to listening to it. It's just as obtuse and wilful as you'd expect, but much, much funkier. I'm enjoying it so far!

I enjoyed the EP,  Digeridoo that were released in '92. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

I enjoyed the EP,  Digeridoo that were released in '92. 

My favourite Aphex stuff is still his earlier releases. I bought everything up to the Analord EPs, but ended up selling a great deal of it. I still have the Digeridoo EP. Too many good memories associated with that!

Rise Radiant, the latest from Caligula's Horse. Missed it when it came out but heard their cover of Don't Give Up (the Peter Gabriel/Kate Bush song) the other day and was smitten enough to track down a copy.

Andy

Came across a YouTube video of the music from the Franco-German production of 'Robinson Crusoe' that some of you may remember from your childhood. I watched some of it first time round in the UK in 1966 and the music stuck in my mind. Judging by the comments it stuck in a lot of other people's mind. 

What I didn't know is that the version shown on the  BBC had different music to original. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 7:42 PM, Mr T said:

Came across a YouTube video of the music from the Franco-German production of 'Robinson Crusoe' that some of you may remember from your childhood. I watched some of it first time round in the UK in 1966 and the music stuck in my mind. Judging by the comments it stuck in a lot of other people's mind. 

What I didn't know is that the version shown on the  BBC had different music to original. 

Show us the linky!

On 1/13/2021 at 3:18 AM, lasermonkey said:

My favourite Aphex stuff is still his earlier releases. I bought everything up to the Analord EPs, but ended up selling a great deal of it. I still have the Digeridoo EP. Too many good memories associated with that!

One of my favourites.

• Like 2

For Lasermonkey! If you like Richard James stuff, I bet you've already known of Ulrich Schnauss.

This is quite spectacular from him. This is my perfect background modelling music & his album "No Further Than Tomorrow" Is a must if you like electronic music.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Show us the linky!

Your wish is my command.

Two links This one is for the single

This is for the much longer suite

• Like 2