What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

On 10/13/2020 at 2:15 PM, Ratch said:

Brilliant track from a brilliant album (Infected) I remember watching the whole album in 1986 when Channel4 showed it late on Friday night. I was at Mrs T's place (before she was Mrs T) with her sister. Bought the album the next week and still have it and listen to it. Thanks for posting it. 

By way of contrast came across a video of concert by Suzanne Vega from 2017. One my favourite artists. 

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

I remember watching the whole album in 1986 when Channel4 showed it late on Friday night.

I watched that too - it's what first introduced me to The The 😎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ratch said:

I watched that too - it's what first introduced me to The The 😎

Me too, I had not heard of them until then (32 and less than hip at the time) It was Mrs T sister who was 20 at the time wanted to watch it. 

• Like 1

A bit of 80's nostalgia. 

I listen & enjoy many genres of music & there's one album from the 80's that I still put on now & again, & that's Propaganda - Secret Wish. Often hear Duel with Claudia Brucken's distinctive voice, but you don't often hear this on the radio. 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:27 AM, Bullbasket said:

Another warm sunny evening, plus the requisite tipple, and this, with the late, great Peter Green.

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

You and I seem to have very similar musical tastes you keep posting great classics. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, Vince1159 said:

Here is an article from the LA Times from a little earlier in the year which you may find interesting.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2020-05-14/sparks-edgar-wright-musical-russell-ron-mael-adam-driver

• Like 1