What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

Having a run through some Autechre stuff namely Anti, Cichli Suite (pronounced sickly sweet), EP7 and LP5. At the risk of sounding like one of those awful people who say, "Oh, I only really liked their earlier works", well, I only really like their earlier works! EP7, released in 1999, is probably about my limit for them. I remember when I bought  Confield in 2001 and thinking that it sounded like a heavy engineering works had moved in next door! I'm all for pushing the boundaries of what music can be, but harsh, metallic clanging can tiring very quickly.

• Like 1

These threads have allowed us to share our musical taste with our fellows, sometimes we have learnt new things which have intrigued or enticed us, it really depends upon how open your mind is...

...thanks to @Enzo Matrix, I discovered this lot, a ska punk band from America.  The fact they were a ska and punk band, I liked, the fact they went on to cover a Joe Strummer song makes them pretty cool in my estimation.  Thanks Enzo for turning me on to this lot...

...first the song that got me into them...

...then another great song from them...

...finally, the Strummer cover...

• Like 3

Recurring Dreams. Tangerine Dream. 2019.

I requested my local library purchase this album for its collection and they actually did so. I think that this is the first Tangerine Dream album in the Toowoomba Regional Council Library's collection.

• Like 1

How is this for quirky?

Rush La Villa Strangiato on Marimba, Vibraphone and Glockenspiel

Alexandra Whittingham - very talented I think.

Edited by NoSG0
  • Like 4

On 05/10/2020 at 09:27, Bullbasket said:

TD - Underwater Sunlight.

What a great choice.

The first TD track I heard, on a Prog compilation was Dolphin Smile, and from that single track I bought this album, then another 50 odd!

• Like 1

On 02/10/2020 at 22:21, Wez said:

These threads have allowed us to share our musical taste with our fellows, sometimes we have learnt new things which have intrigued or enticed us, it really depends upon how open your mind is...

Wez,

just wanted to second your comment.

I confess this is probably the first or second part of Britmodeller I go to when I first visit BM in the day, to seewho’s Listening to what.

I have been shown so many different bands and artistes that I didn’t know about, and often I discover that there are other BM’ers who like artistes I do and not necessarily “main stream” artistes!

Long may it continue is all I can say!

Oh, last thing I listened to last night - the best of Van Halen. 

• Like 2

Just spent a few hours going thru this thread and wanted to say thank all the posters who have contributed. Some of the stuff I was aware of and some of it was new to me.

When model building I usually have something from YT going on usually Jazz Noir, Noir LA Dark Jazz or something along those lines, but if I want to be inspired and uplifted I watch and listen to something like this.

It's been said that you either love or hate Revel's Bolero, me, I kinda like it.

• Like 1