What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

Listening to the Virkelig song I posted on the previous page made me want to listen to some old Cure stuff. I originally had this on VHS but heaven knows where it is now. Nice to know some kind soul posted it on Youtube.

Fantastic concert (the version of A Forest is one of the best live versions I think).

Part one:

Edited by Smithy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

One of the best bands ever formed...

Agreed. I was all set to go to that concert a couple of years ago with my daughter and son-in-law. Had the tickets and ready to go. Then my grandson said, "Can Grandad look after me tonight?" No contest!

John.

• Like 1

We saw them at Wembley ( I think ) just after Out of The Blue was released. The concert had been planned for three nights originally but was extended, eventually to ten, and was introduced by Tony Curtis. Fantastic!

John

• Like 2

Three from my Spotify as I studied this evening...

Finally, me and the Wonderful Mrs Wez's go to dance to song...

• Like 2

I may have said this before but I've always been impressed by the range and breadth of taste in music displayed by BM'ers in these threads, and while I couldn't say that every single choice out here tweaks my ear, an awful lot do.

As for myself, I've been on a bit of an oldies kick recently, the last three CD's in the player were the best of the Temptations, the best of Donavan and Arrival by ABBA.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Whofan said:

I may have said this before but I've always been impressed by the range and breadth of taste in music displayed by BM'ers in these threads, and while I couldn't say that every single choice out here tweaks my ear, an awful lot do.

You may have started a whole new thread with this, so instead of thread drift here, I'll start a new one in chat.

John.

22 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

You may have started a whole new thread with this, so instead of thread drift here, I'll start a new one in chat.

John.

John, I had no intention of doing anything other than pointing out how I appreciated the musical taste of other BM’ers while adding what I’d listened to.

I really don’t see the need to make it a thread.

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

John, I had no intention of doing anything other than pointing out how I appreciated the musical taste of other BM’ers while adding what I’d listened to.

I really don’t see the need to make it a thread.

I think that you misunderstood me. I saw it as a good thing. A chance to talk about what music we all liked.

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I think that you misunderstood me. I saw it as a good thing. A chance to talk about what music we all liked.

John.

I certainly did misunderstand!

• Like 1

On 21/05/2020 at 13:39, fightersweep said:

It got me into the whole Russian post punk scene currently rocking the clubs of Moscow,

You pique my interest. I shall explore this on the morrow.......

2 hours ago, Pigpen said:

You pique my interest. I shall explore this on the morrow.......

Excellent! Another potential convert. Here's a couple for starters (I'm loving Группа Хмурый (Group Gloomy - rough translation), and check out End of Electronics too)

Steve

• Like 1