What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

I like your choice there Vince, but I still prefer this version of Ghost Riders.

Santo and Johnny were great one hit wonders.

And finally, in that Neil Levang version, is that Mr. Teazy Weazy on maracas?

• Like 1

@Vince1159 I like some of the Cars stuff, Just What I Needed and Best Friends Girl being my favourite of theirs, thanks for sharing those vids.

After spending some time in the garden this morning it was nose back to the grindstone and my OU project (which has to be in by the 28th of this month - eeek!).  Anyway, I was listening to songs by female artists, I love the female singing voice, this is a random selection of what I listened to this afternoon...

...love the lo-fi bass on this one...

...this one has such beautiful fractured vocals, even on a hot sunny day it takes me to a frost rimed landescape...

...another fractured vocal...

...and this one, a brilliant performance of an old sea shanty...

• Like 2

Fancied something a bit more scuzzy and lo-fi today...

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

@Ratch,

nice group of tracks there from JT, Stevie and DB.

Unfortunately, all from albums I don’t particularly like!

I never got into Jethro Tull until Songs from the Wood, the early years to Minstrel in the Gallery don’t excite me at all.

Other than the pop singles from the Little Stevie Wonder years I absolutely love the 4 albums from Where I’m coming from to Innervisions, but nothing else; and Bowie I’m such a curates egg, I love Ziggy and Aladdin Sane, then I skip smartly to Ashes to Ashes and Let’s Dance, with just the singles from the albums in between.

Oh, and Prepare to clutch pearls, I think the Laughing Gnome is a great ‘60’s pop song!

Then this afternoon I listened to The Grey Album, by Dangermouse, and Dark Star off Live Dead.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 1

I've been overdosing on Magnum these last few days. This is the latest album, released in January, but they are all great. One of the most under rated bands out there.

Turn it up!

Magnum_-_The_Serpent_Rings.png

Ian

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

@Ratch,

nice group of tracks there from JT, Stevie and DB.

Unfortunately, all from albums I don’t particularly like!

I never got into Jethro Tull until Songs from the Wood, the early years to Minstrel in the Gallery don’t excite me at all.

For me, the early stuff was the best. Too Old was the last album of theirs I bought. My faves are Aqualung and Thick As A Brick.

Other than the pop singles from the Little Stevie Wonder years I absolutely love the 4 albums from Where I’m coming from to Innervisions, but nothing else; 

Innervisions, Talking Book, Fulfillingness First Finale and Songs In The Key Of Life are classics - wouldn't touch anything else of his.

and Bowie I’m such a curates egg, I love Ziggy and Aladdin Sane, then I skip smartly to Ashes to Ashes and Let’s Dance, with just the singles from the albums in between.

I have most of Bowie's stuff, and yes, very highs and extreme lows too. But I think he was an innovator, not afraid to try new things and constantly re-inventing his style. Without the bad there may not have been any good.

• Like 1