As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Viper78

Best place to order paint online.

Hi,

Now that all the shops are closed, I'm wondering where is the best place to buy spray paint online?

I'm finally getting round to painting my Millennium Falcon so needing to get Tamiya Surface primer, AS-20 and a matt lacquer/varnish if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

Try Here if he's still open Martin service is superb, don't let his location put you off either.  I live in the West country order before 2pm and receive the items the next day, now this may not be the case at present but the Royal Mail/Parcel Force is still running and that's who he uses.   

Creative Models is my recommendation also. 

Mike

Just ordered from SnM stuff ... I have no problem with any of the suggestions made so far, but this was the only online retailer I could find that offered a full range of both Tamiya and Gunze products (only want to pay postage once). In normal times I get these from local shops. Just realised that though I have a decent enough stash of kits through the ordeal ahead, I was low on some basic modelling supplies which I usually pick up as needed.

How frustrating it would be to find yourself with time and kits a plenty ... but out of glue!

Cheers,

Colin

13 minutes ago, ckw said:

Just ordered from SnM stuff ... I have no problem with any of the suggestions made so far, but this was the only online retailer I could find that offered a full range of both Tamiya and Gunze products (only want to pay postage once). In normal times I get these from local shops. Just realised that though I have a decent enough stash of kits through the ordeal ahead, I was low on some basic modelling supplies which I usually pick up as needed.

How frustrating it would be to find yourself with time and kits a plenty ... but out of glue!

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks for that Colin, I'll have a look.

I've a few kits that have been waiting years to get built but I want to have a bash at painting the Hasbro Falcon first. Yes it's frustrating that now I have the time to build them that I need supplies but I'll get what I need somehow. Cheers!

Hannants, Sovereign Hobbies? Thats where i'll go in future as even without a lockdown i cant always get to a shop wot sells the paint wot i need.😉

On 27/03/2020 at 09:04, Kev The Modeller said:

He'll be stock taking is my guess.  

Martins back and working, placed quite a large order including a desk light on 1 Apr his first day back, dispatched on the 2 Apr via Parcel Force due to the size .   Received 4 days later 2 of those days were a weekend.  Ordered a few more paints yesterday (colours I underestimated on) and got an email 0940 this morning saying my order has been dispatched. 

Aircraft are in my opinion the best supplier of paint and other modelling items, in the UK.      

Posted (edited)

Just want to add one or two.

Model Hobbies, both on their own site and on eBay.  eModels also have an eBay shop.

Lots of eBay sellers still going.  Veteroanus being one (although he/they did close for a while due to postal issues). 

Coulsden Models also, haven't seen anyone mention them yet.  Great service, even rang me the other week to tell me they were snowed under but my order had been posted...

Edited by RobL

I either go to Colourcoats but if they dont have all i need i then look at all my recent purchases and make up an order of 6 tin-lets because its not worth their while sending one tin. It is actually a good thing to include the more ancillary paints you use all the time such as the blacks, silvers and any other colour you need, its good having them all sitting waiting for me to use rather than me waiting for them to send them.

IF Colourcoats dont have a colour i will see if Xtracolour (at Hannants) have it and I look for one or two more to make up a decent order.one or two more to make up.

These are the two paint sources i use now, i dont use the Humbrol as much as at times it can be unreliable in colour and/or shade, but if i'm really stuck (and if the shops were open) i'd buy one from somewhere like Hobbycraft because its the nearest to me locally.