Dragonborn - Elder Scrolls Skyrim

49702064042_985e9d919a_b.jpg

Fus Ro Dah!

The Dragonborn from the Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. This is from a new company to me (although I think they've been around a while), by the name of Modiphius Entertainment. They produce various tabletop games, and have just launched a game and figures based on Skryrim. This figure is based on the original Skyrim cover art, and is a limited release to promote the release of Modiphius' game. Given the number of hours (or possibly weeks) I've lost to ESV over the years, it was a figure I absolutely had to get.

It's a resin cast that comes in five parts - the base, the main body, two arms, and the dragon's tail - with a very good sculpt. Some of the detail is a little messy in the nooks and crannies, but the overall quality is very high. There wasn't a lot of clean up required, although mine had a warped sword, but that was easy enough to straighten with a drop of hot water. Modiphius describe the figure as 32mm, but it's actually closer to 36mm to the eyeline, and the whole thing stands around 47mm on the base. Painted with a mix of Vallejo and the new AK gen3 acrylics.

49670642601_298836c7fe_b.jpg

49701751561_3717193b0a_b.jpg

49701218708_03b6fa9246_b.jpg

49702063617_6f17904e27_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy:cat:

• Like 22

Awesome, absolutely fantastic job on an iconic character.

Although it does make me laugh that the Dragonborn is always depicted wearing that crappy low level helmet and studded armour that you've abandoned for something better around 30 minutes in! :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone

23 hours ago, Nev said:

Although it does make me laugh that the Dragonborn is always depicted wearing that crappy low level helmet and studded armour that you've abandoned for something better around 30 minutes in! :D

Yeah, I don't think I've ever even worn the classic horned helmet at any point in almost 9 years of playing the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t think I’ve ever actually played as a Nord. My current build, “Fishy Hiss”, is a Kajiit mage.

Awesome job by the way. I just showed my daughter, also a Skyrim fan, and her response was “Sick” which is the highest praise imaginable.

Now, go cast your fancy magic someplace else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/04/2020 at 00:40, goggsy said:

I don’t think I’ve ever actually played as a Nord. My current build, “Fishy Hiss”, is a Kajiit mage.

Awesome job by the way. I just showed my daughter, also a Skyrim fan, and her response was “Sick” which is the highest praise imaginable.

Now, go cast your fancy magic someplace else.

Thanks goggsy... a kitty eh? Not a true son or daughter of Skyrim then :wicked:

He may well be sick -It'll be that arrow to the knee he took 🏹

By the way, do you get to the Cloud District very often? What am I saying, of course you don't

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...