Panther A

dov

Hallo again

Here I build now a Panther A from HB in 1/35. Actually, the kit is nice, good mold. With Zemerit from plastic sheet and etched parts too. So, it will be a build straight from the box. After a Tiger I E and a Tiger II B it is my third of the new German tank designs.

Today I did plastic work with Zemerit, since it is first time I have to do with it.

So, the next days will bring a lot of new interesting modelling activities.

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Interesting. I used to build armour back in the days when you had to paste most yourself. 
That plastic sheeting zimm is very well molded. But that’s the problem, it’s too tidy and regular. Looks machined.

Actually very similar in style to the thin resin atak stuff I used once before switching to planes. 
Also would the pattern would go up to the racks, not ‘carry on’ behind them?

Although I mainly did Tiger 1’s so panthers may have been different. 

Anyways mate not knocking your build, just commenting on the way hboss has done the zimm. 

Interesting. I used to build armour back in the days when you had to paste most yourself. 
That plastic sheeting zimm is very well molded. But that’s the problem, it’s too tidy and regular. Looks machined.

Actually very similar in style to the thin resin atak stuff I used once before switching to planes. 
Also would the pattern would go up to the racks, not ‘carry on’ behind them?

Although I mainly did Tiger 1’s so panthers may have been different. 

Anyways mate not knocking your build, just commenting on the way hboss has done the zimm. 

Hallo Tony

I hate Zemerit. I prefer the steel & welding to see. Just once I wanted to make one Zemerit tank. BTW: Zemerit was done also in the factories. I noticed big differences on photos. Maybe it is the difference in field or factory done Zemerit.

Happy modelling

• Like 1

Very nice 👍 but Tony is right. Zimmerit coating is too clean/perfect and so unrealistic. IMHO add some damages with Dremel and sharp knife.

Ciao Filippo

I was watching a YouTube clip yesterday about the Panther and I noticed that unlike the Pz. IV or Tiger, the zimmerit was incredibly regular and even. Maybe a side effect of all those nice flat plates to work on?

Andy

Hallo again

Because of Zemerit: Big difference of factory applied and field applied coat!

I closed the gaps at edges on the model by CA glue.

Here now I did some coloring. Just basic for the hull and deck. With some highlighting and some darkening. After that I added all small parts, except tools and etched parts for the grills.

As completed now, I will do some additional coloring before spraying the track chain. I am just at the assembling of the track chain.

When it is done, the tank will be completed. Except tools and turret.

So far for today.

Stay health, and be patient.

We all need a lots of patience in future days and months.

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hallo again

Now, the hull and track chains are done.

The front gap of Zemerit I filled with CA glue. Now, next steps are the turret and tools and some etched parts as the air-grills.

For shading: I mixed with base color and white / black some color in a reserve bottle. I prevent extra mixing, due to save material. In all steps of working, I try to reduce the input on material. Just to prevent to run out of material. I assume shortages may occur very soon.

Stay health, and be patient.

We all need a lots of patience in future days and months.

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Hallo again

Now it is finished.

The next project is a recovery Tiger I  from RVF.

Stay healthy & be patient!

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2