MiG15 by SMER, 1/72 scale

gioca

In somewhere on web I've read about the Mig15 by SMER due in 2020 as an Eduard rebox ? Any confirmation ? Currently SMER is shipping 4 new MiG15 boxes to the shops at a really competitive price, if it is the Eduard kit. thank you.

spacer.png

Edited by gioca
inserting img

FWIW, Modelimex has four Smer boxings, at least one of which is listed as a MiG-15bis. KP never did a -bis, although it wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer played fast and loose with somewhat obscure designations. My money is on Eduard as the original source of the Smer kits; unfortunately, Modelimex doesn't show sprue images to confirm this.

John

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, John said:

Some of the Smer boxart looks a lot like the KP boxart. I'd assume KP unless I found out otherwise.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, Ryan Hothersall said:

That box art looks like an image one of the various KP incarnations have used in the past. I think it will be the old tool KP kit in the box. 

Confirmed (if we can call it this way) by Scalemates - reboxed old KP/Kopro/Mastercraft from 1979.

Still with the Mystere-like vertical fin...

Cheers

Michael

Huh - I'll be darned - I was wrong! Well, if Scalemates is correct, that's good to know - I had one or two other items from Modelimex in mind, and I was going to include a Smer MiG-15 in the order as "research" into the kit's origins. Now I can save my money. Thanks, Michael!

John