victory 1760

I need some help guy's , can anyone show me where the minor anchors are laced to the ship . I know where the 4 main anchors go , but not so up to date on the smaller one's thanks .

thanks jim really appreciate the comments , this is my second go at the victory , the first time around I was lax and didn't put them in , so I had double and just doubled up , if you hadn't seen this guy dafi before , he is the king of the victoy build , he shows how to make the hammocks , their is a lot to look at in his build , but he does show you how to make them as well as how to do a lot of other things , www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/t125f165-to-Victory-and-beyond.html

by the way I love what you are doing with your build , keep it up .

Wonderful build this is, congratulations 🙂 🙂 🙂 

All the best and keep on going, Daniel

PS: Thank you for the kind comments 🙂

• Like 1

thanks my friend , on the right , the victory 1760 , next the soleil royal , was not happy with it , it was my first go at rigging, it's all over the place , next to it is another royal done in wood tones with full sails , and nelsons victory 1805 .

You did very well, Congratulations on the finished model!
I have the same model in my warehouse, hust... I'm afraid to start it :)

I have some comments without being offended:
- the ropes of the dead eyes come to me too bright. Maybe they should have been darker. In general, the movable rigging is quite tarnished during use, which means that it should be darker in my opinion.
- the top line of the dead eyes should be in a straight line - there is a slight gap in places, but this is not so important.
- Sheathing cots are also slightly sterile.

Overall you did a great job!

I also have questions:
 - Why isn't the body black and yellow, and why is there no copper sheath under the water line?

• Like 1

the title did tell you that moarein . 1760 , just after it was first launched , hence the new look . the copper plating wasn't around in 1760 , I don't think it saw action till 1765 and I don't think nelson was born yet , I believe he got the ship in 1803 and brought in the beehive stripes and extended bowsprit , the removeal of the rear balconies . the lengthening of the main and forecastle decks , and a lot of other adjustments I made to the ship . if you look at the bottom picture you will see nelsons ship on the far right . that is the beauty of these forums , you should be able to ask questions , and please believe me I took no offence my friend .

Edited by steve5
  • Like 2

Yes, I'm just wondering how to get mine, so I allowed myself to ask these questions.
For now, I plan to make it black and yellow body, with a copper bottom...

The copper plates I'm thinking to make them from a self-adhesive copper foil.
It's still just a drawing in my head for now :)

Congratulations once again for the model!

11 hours ago, steve5 said:

Thanks moarein , when I did my first victory , l used the copper foil strips they used in lamp making .

Great!
How does the foil stick it - long strips as wide as copper tiles right?
I have a strip of copper foil, 50mm wide, and will have to cut it into 4-5mm strips

this is a picture from my first victory , showing the way I did the coppering , with self adhesive 4mm copper strips . you get it from ebay or lamp makers supplys , you'll need 2 rolls .

spacer.png

• Like 2