Thruxton Jackaroo

T-21

Would be grateful for any help in obtaining plans of this 4 seat DH Tiger Moth conversion in 1957 any scale please ?  Thinking of converting the Airfix Tiger Moth kits 1/72 and 1/48 scale.  The Jackaroo  had a widened fuselage and undercarriage. Some were built for crop -sprayers  but one was used by Sheila Scott G-APAM the famous  lady aviator.

• Like 1

Hmm I remember the old Scale models magazine having an article on the Jackaroo, early to mid seventies. I think there were drawings and a conversion of the old Airfix kit.

I remember it distinctly because coincidentally I was quite ill with a virus, an Asian flu when I got the magazine. To the point that I for long after associated the Jackaroo with being sick!

Dad had gone out and bought me my favourite model magazines to cheer me up.

My copy is long gone but someone out might still have one or maybe it found it's way online?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, T-21 said:

Thanks  they want £8.50 postage   !

That might be the postage to Ireland as the link is ebay.ie. Try accessing it via Ebay.co.uk. Edit I note there are several available on ebay.

Edited by noelh
  • Like 1

If I recall Sheila Scott's Jackaroo was the first to carry the name Myth (a female Moth). I met Ms Scott when she passed through Malta (1971 I think) flying Myththree an Aztec.  I have her autograph in front of me now, on the back of my Malta Aircraft Enthusiasts membership card.  Her most famous type was a Comanche named Mythtwo and its fuselage is at East Fortune.

The Duxford Tiger R4922 in my header was re-converted back from a Jackaroo.

John

spacer.png

• Like 3