Paint colours for aircraft on HMS Queen Elizabeth?

Midland1965

I'm making a 1/1250 model of HMS Queen Elizabeth and plan to include something of the variety of aircraft that could be embarked so: F35B, Merlin HM2, Merlin HC4 and a couple of Chinooks. I would be grateful for some advice on the 'correct' paint colours for these.

From photos, it looks like the Merlins are now the same pale, neutral grey and the F35s a darker grey? Against the grey flight deck I'm concerned this is all going to blend to invisibility so I'll have to exaggerate the differences but would like to know what the theoretical correct colours are so I can exaggerate them in the right directions. At least the Chinooks would be olive green rather than another grey but which one?

I believe RN F-35s are the same color as US ones which is FS31670 Have Glass Camouflage Grey. I am not sure if this is US only feature but there is a slight metal sheen to the so when viewed from some angles it shines like a piece of metal. With all this said though I am not sure if you would need to show that on 1/1250th scale as well as you probably need to pale out the plane color for the scale effect as well. 

To your question though about exaggeration of the colors: I think representing metal sheen on F-35s would definitely make those to stand out. Easiest way to do that is to prime those in some sort of "polished  aluminum" color and then when painting it add 10%-20% of same metallic into your base color (make sure they mix though). 

Thanks very much Doom3r. I have a bit of a plan now. I'm going a bit paler and more blue for the deck (dark sea grey) than usual - this matches with photos from Westlant 19 - paler again for the Merlins (medium sea grey) and darker with a hint of bown-violet for the F35s over a metalic base. Hopefully that will give clear differences and not be too far off the true colours.