1/48 Eduard SSW D.III

Hi Guys,

Firstly greetings, hope everyone is in good spirits. This is my first lockdown built, The beautiful kit from Eduard SSW D.III Jasta 15 Chery-les-Pouilly, July 1918 it was a smooth sail and no complaint to report about the kit nor the decals than my skills. I used Mr.color red and blue for the paint and Mr.color silver for the metal part. Rigging was darn hard I messed up at first attempt so have to redo it again and I used turnbuckle so my eyes are hurting now. I wanted to do an outdoor but time is not right however, when I can I will share it here. Thank you for watching, hope you like what you saw, Cheers

DSC-7082.jpg

DSC-7084.jpg

DSC-7087.jpg

DSC-7089.jpg

DSC-7091.jpg

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 33

On 3/26/2020 at 2:13 PM, Toryu said:

Lovely model of this not so frequent subject. The camouflage suits the shape very well.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:36 PM, Cellarfrog said:

beautiful work! thanks for sharing.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, Spitfire31 said:

One of the most attractive Great War models I've seen in this scale. Sheer bauty!

Kind regards,

Joachim

On 3/27/2020 at 1:07 AM, supersonic said:

Neat little Schuckert!

On 3/27/2020 at 2:31 AM, Epeeman said:

Excellent work on your SSW DIII!

Regards

Dave

On 3/27/2020 at 2:52 PM, Wulfman said:

It’s a lovely build and finish, great stuff!

Wulfman

Thank you all, I really appreciate the kind words that you guys has said to me. It cheers me up in this tough time. Three cheers to you all.

Very nice job on this!  I really appreciate the work you put in to get the lozenge looking good, including all the rib tape.  Very tedious but it when done as well as you have it looks great.  Like the wood finish and rigging too.  Question on what you eventually ended up with on the rigging, it turned out great.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Very nice job on this!  I really appreciate the work you put in to get the lozenge looking good, including all the rib tape.  Very tedious but it when done as well as you have it looks great.  Like the wood finish and rigging too.  Question on what you eventually ended up with on the rigging, it turned out great.

Thank you very much @Harold55, It was bit of tedious task you said, I could do only one wing at a time, add softer and leave the night and work on the other wing the next day. Rigging was a very sanity test, i screwed up once the lines when all wrong so have to removed and redo again. Pain was I was using turnbuckle, guess not worth it lol, too much pain to the eyes. Regarding the rigging wire, I use a Nylon which I got it from Malaysia, sadly the brand has worn out, it is an invisible thread and I would paint black after rigging.
Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...