newish user

Patton610

Greetings from Texas. I suppose I have been a bit of a lurker if only because all my searches kept yielding results on the site. Due the current prevailing conditions I have gotten a bit more into modeling. I was doing a Little bit on and off before, but with everything that's going on its come to the forefront. first model was that 1/720 arizona from revell. the conclusion from most viewers was that I had advanced into scratch building and had model the destroyed ship. This was a result of over application of testors tube cement   straight from the tube. I have gotten better since. not by much mind you... but progress is being made. 

I build a bit of everything. 1/700 scaleships, 1/350 subs,  1/.72 armor and aircraft presently trying to do a run of World War II training aircraft, but my current project is an academy 1/72 avenger that I picked up with an eye towards doing some experimenting prior to getting to more expensive kits.  

• Like 1

Gidday Patton, welcome aboard. I'm into ships almost exclusively, although I prefer 1/600 scale. What ships have you done, (besides the scratch-built destroyed USS Arizona 😀), and do we get to see them? Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Hello Patton...:post1: From a Yankee in Chicago. There are a fair few members from the Lone star state. If you're anywhere near San Antonio @72modeler is close by and can offer connections to modeling groups and modelers. Myself Im mostly WW2 & Cold-war aviation in the mid scales of 1/72 & 1/48. 

Dennis

• Like 1

I have some tanks I did before the beginning of these times and a p47 I can post up ... sadly or perhaps mercifully the 1/720 arizona was scrapped at some point in my childhood.  I tend towards smaller scales for some reason 1/72 is nice because it's a common scale across tanks and aircraft, but really I think it comes down to not having as much room. Grad school filled my bookshelves.  Ill get some photos later. None of the above mentioned subjects are perfect but they are far beyond what I did as a kid. 

• Like 1