London Calling

Colin H

Hi all,

I returned to the hobby last year after a 50 year absence and like many before me having been finding my way around this incredible forum for a month or so now.

To date I've completed one kit (Revell's Vought Corsair) and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite "misplacing" one or two parts and the finish not being exactly like the box artwork, more of a learning wall than a curve you might say. Anyway, I'm now totally hooked, it's the enjoyment more than anything else for me so I'm going focus on that and with any luck improve my kit building skills in the process.

Having been an aviation geek all my life my main interest is aircraft and particularly US and UK Cold War types, which stems from a youth mispent hanging around numerous RAF and USAF bases in England, I'm also a lapsed UK PPL/A and would one day like to have built models of the various light aircraft I've been fortunate enough to have flown.

Thanks to whoever's responsible for allowing me to join, it's appreciated.

Stay safe

Colin

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome Chris

Hi Eric, in the range of 1:72 to 1:24 would be good, no real preference although sticking with the same scale would be ideal

20 hours ago, Colin H said:

although sticking with the same scale would be ideal

Gidday Colin, welcome aboard. I'm into ships almost exclusively, although I have done a couple of aircraft (one last year, one about  twenty years ago and a few trials). But like you I like to stick to one scale, 1/600 in my case. I find it allows viewers to compare accurately one model ship (plane in your case) with another. My aircraft (P61 and P38) were both 1/72 and the trials were 1/600 for ships. Regards, Jeff.

Welcome aboard.  I did some hanging around UK RAF and USAF bases in my youth mainly at airshows & now seem to spend most of my time rebuilding those line ups in 1/48 scale plastic.  All Cold War late 70s & 80s stuff so sounds like we might have some shared interests.  There are some great builders on here& lots of inspiration & helpful people.  Enjoy