Desert Storms (1/72 Arma Hurricane IIc and I trops)

9 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Of course. And once this virus situation is under control, I look forward to more Britmodeller summits with you and Dennis.

Good! I was hoping you'd say that. And Cookie, when he can escape the charms of SoCal.

• Like 2

Well, a bit of a shock but understandable Edward - our priorities change as we go through life and ‘modelling’ two young minds is far more important than plastic. 

Good to hear you’re keeping the tools and I hope you’re able to buy and build one from time to time and to add your eloquent comments occasionally. 

Best wishes from here and us :) 

• Like 6

I'm a bit conflicted; your stash was a thing that created a measure of envy in me at times, but I'm also a hypocrite as I sold a chunk of my stash off when I moved in March which both made the move easier in terms of volumes requiring transport and greatly offset the cost of said transport. So as well as your eloquently-expressed reasons for selling the stash I do understand the liberating feeling brought about by no longer carrying the (physical and spiritual) weight of your great pile of unbuilt kits.

I'm glad to hear you will still be around and I hope that will still include builds, a new Procopius post always grabs my attention.

Hope all is well with you and the family :) 

Cheers,

Stew 

• Like 6

Wow PC, a bit of a bolt from the blue & one I perhaps didn't expect to hear from you but Kudos for being man enough to work out what was important & swallow that bitter pill. I guess many of us on BM are somewhat older than you & have already been through the business of making those sacrifices for marriage, kids etc. My stash is a subject of frequent discussion with she, I'm luckily at the stage if push came to shove I think it would accompany me in running away from home rather than selling it to stay home. Luckily, I don't think it'll come to that, I'm quite useful for cooking, emptying dish washers, hanging out washing, putting out the green waste/rubbish/recycle bins. Where's she going to find another one of those. ;) :D 

Stay well mate, I'll look out for more Epistles to the Brimothians from Saint Procopius.  :)

Steve.

• Like 5

Well done on freeing yourself from the shackles of the kit stash Procopius. I'm lucky that I have my fingers in a few different pies, and my meagre disposable income is spread rather thin over a few hobbies, or I could easily see myself accumulating more kits than I could ever build. And even with my modest stash of half a dozen, I struggle to decide which kit to build next. I hope the pain of losing your collection soon subsides and is replaced with energy and focus for the next build!

Probably a wise decision, taking into consideration your other comments. However, good to see you will still be building now and then, and looking forward to Tomes of PC as and when!

Ian

Good to see you back! Sorry to hear about your watery woes. As for the stash, it’s painful to realign priorities but if it works for you and Mrs P it is worth the while. Just think of eBay as your stash, it just takes a few days and a few bucks to pull out the next kit to build...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I still have a wife (number 2 in a series) and our large joint family has given us 10 grandchildren so far...... still counting! 

As long as “still counting” refers to grandchildren not wives...

• Haha 7

Hello Procopius,

A.    Bugger! There were some tasty boxes in the photos of your stash and no chance of getting me mitts on them now!

B.    Your depth of knowledge and devotion to the history behind your builds has been the outstanding pleasure that you have given me for one. Your posts are always read and re-read and I feel privileged to have found the modelling equivalent of the Letter From America. 

C.    Box On!

Strickers

• Like 6

Hey PC

Well, what a thing, and I'm sure it is the right thing for you, right now.

Family is the most important priority and you have two young people to care for, and one more senior, and they are all worth your devotion (of course, sorry, that sounds crass, I can't find the right words)  - seems to me that so far, you're doing a grand job!

Make a model when you can or when you wish, and I for one will be delighted to hear about it, and all the back story and research and your philosophical musings, I have always found those to be most profound and thought provoking, your wide historical knowledge is a marvel to me, you are very well read.

To quote John Laidlaw, 'I'll look out for more Epistles to the Brimothians from Saint Procopius'

When you wish to

All the best, onwards & upwards

Geoff

• Like 3

You made the right choice, Edward. You can be proud of that. Models can wait - life partners and young minds cannot.     :thumbsup2:

All the best,

Bill

• Like 7

Such is life, Edward. Family is always more important that styrene and glue. I'm glad you're still going to be around. Otherwise, I'd miss those little familial tales of yours. Winston and Grant are famous here on BM.

Chris

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Well I wondered where you were. Now I know. To mirror everyone else’s comments life must take priority and you will occasionally still pop to the Grotto from time to time So all is not lost. It’s quite liberating selling kits. I don’t have the biggest amount In the stash but I did sell a whole bunch last year and to be fair I only missed one so I bought that back. 🤣 Westland Scout. 🙄

Good luck with life and your lovely family, give them all the attention They deserve. This place will be a not quite what it was without your self deprecating dry wit that’s for sure.

When you do pop back in we will hopefully still be tinkering away in our little plastic haven. 🤗I hear there’s a BOB group build going on, are there any spaces left? 

All the best and take care.

Johnny. 

• Like 2

Well, Edward, if you'd like a free donation and if  that wouldn't get you into trouble, let me know.  My stash is similarly out of control!

Rgds

Martin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...