F-16 STGB Part Deux Chat

6 hours ago, Col. said:

...which is a distinct possibility if I can find either that Hasegawa double boxing or the right decals for a kit :thumbsup:

There are some decals available all by themselves........I know as i bought some! :D

http://www.dacoproducts.com has them, by Astra.

Astra do them in 1/144th, 1/72nd. and 1/48th....even come with the uncensored version! You can guess which one I'm going to do! :wicked:

Plus they have some other really cool ones for the F-16 as well!

• Haha 1

The Astra decals are rather nice but I also like Italian Diana, hence why I'd love to get hold of the Hasegawa double kit, 'cause how can I fail to adore a girl who can quite easily kill me but chooses not to :wub:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dennis they could actually carry and use Harpoons, they did all the testing for them as far as I know, and are certified, but I don't know who actually uses them.

Here one I did earlier, with the newer version, the AGM-84E (SLAM E), looks cool with them fitted.

DSCF4476-L.jpg

DSCF4477-L.jpg

They are also certified to carry the Rafael Popeye and Popeye II (or Popeye Lite, called AGM -142 Have Nap in the US) and are a regular fitment to the Israeli F-16I Sufa's.

..and again here's one I did earlier also with the Data-link pod fitted.

DSCF4479-L.jpg

DSCF4478-L.jpg

If I don't do a Tiger Meet aircraft for thi GB then it'll be an Israeli F-16I Sufa probably in this config! :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

and are certified, but I don't know who actually uses them.

True the link was just there to show that Morocco was only purchasing the Harpoon not using it. Of course you are correct that no one is using them. but i was just attempting to show that its an interesting option for a build. A Moroccan A.F. Viper carrying a Anti ship missile. Its something I think would catch attention on a shelf or show table. 

Given my forum name, how could I not join 😀

My build would be the KINETIC F-16E Desert Falcon

24e9344f9d023d57125b82945925850d.jpg

and this would be my reference aircraft

508a2b9dfe33cec7358ab21c69fae7a4.jpg

So please make that 3 to go!

Cheers

Johnny b 

Edited by desert falcon
Added kit details
  • Like 1

well go on then. I am in. I have got a few in the stash. also a F-16 XL. would be nice to build that in a what iff scheme. If not allowed I have enough other options most with Israeli decals.

Cheers,

5 hours ago, Marcin Kaminski said:

Make it two to go.

I am always up for a Viper, and it will be either a dutch, a norwegian or a polish one in 1:72, (did not decide o. a kit yet though).

welcome along to your first G STGB by the looks of to, though with the schedule as it is this build probably won't start to mid to late 2021. Plenty of time for some nice cool new releases to show up! :D

4 hours ago, Arniec said:

well go on then. I am in. I have got a few in the stash. also a F-16 XL. would be nice to build that in a what iff scheme. If not allowed I have enough other options most with Israeli decals.

Cheers,

hi Arnold, you know I never have a prob with Whatif's :D For such a different and unusual version of the F-16 it should be fine.....in proper F-16 Sqn colours.

That said, last time I allowed the Japanese Mitsubishi F-2 into the build, os it'll be ok this time as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

hi Arnold, you know I never have a prob with Whatif's :D For such a different and unusual version of the F-16 it should be fine.....in proper F-16 Sqn colours.

That said, last time I allowed the Japanese Mitsubishi F-2 into the build, os it'll be ok this time as well.

I know you are a whiffer. 😉 I have seen some pictures of a F-16 in European one scheme. Now thinking about the XL that would be nice, but I could also do a Dutch F-16 in camo. and theN more like the NF-5 schemes they used. so I have some options. 

O, there is also a Israelian version in the box, but I already did that one about ten years ago in 1/32 scale.

I will see with what I come up with.

Cheers,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boman said:

Taiwan F-16's are cleared for Harpoons. 

I'll join - nothing beats a good Viper :D

welcome along good man and you are lucky contestant #25!!!   :partytime:

Now we'll have to wait and see when Enzo goes to his magic box/magic spreadsheet to see the grand start date.

We should start a sweep to see if we can pick the date! :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'll join in this one when it's scheduled.  Almost certainly a 1/48 Kinetic offering (or two), have decals for the Italian "Diana" (would look good alongside my Dutch version which is now ready for gloss varnish and decals) or perhaps the "Top gun Anniversary" blue aggressor two seater or a Polish one with CFTs and even a Tigger too?

Mike

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

I'll join in this one when it's scheduled.  Almost certainly a 1/48 Kinetic offering (or two), have decals for the Italian "Diana" (would look good alongside my Dutch version which is now ready for gloss varnish and decals) or perhaps the "Top gun Anniversary" blue aggressor two seater or a Polish one with CFTs and even a Tigger too?

Mike

W.W.E.M.D? ;) 

6 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

wwemd ???

What Would Enzo Matrix Do, our Head Honcho of Group Builds @Enzo Matrix when posed with the dilemma of which out of many kits to make will always say "Make them all", which is why he often has about six kits in any one group build.

A wise person will keep their deliberations to themselves and not give Enzo the chance to browbeat them into building more than they can cope with in any GB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1