F-16 STGB Part Deux Chat

On 6/13/2021 at 11:50 PM, trickyrich said:

So you'd better be at the shops now buying some!!!! 

As luck would have it I had to go up to Dublin today, so I made my semi annual pilgrimage to my (not so) local hobby shop and bought a 1/144 Revell F16c. One or two other things might have fallen into my shopping basket. ( well only a 1/72 me109F and a 1/48 revell camel which was on sale and some paint, glue and static grass) I marvel at my restraint :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon Rich

I know I have  signed  for this Gb but I am really not sure  that I will have enough time to build something  ..

As often there are too much very interesting GBs at the same time .

Have fun

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Rich

I know I have  signed  for this Gb but I am really not sure  that I will have enough time to build something  ..

As often there are too much very interesting GBs at the same time .

Have fun

Best regards

Patrice

If you do find time it'll be great to have you along Patrice, but very understandable if you are unable to join in. Hopefully you'll be able to follow and maybe join in next time.........for her 50th birthday? Hey @Enzo Matrix you think she's worthy of a 50th anniversary STGB?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dermo245 said:

I'm in with a 1/72 Greek F-16.

I love, love the HAF Aegean Ghost scheme.  :wub:  I've been acquiring bits and markings to due a Mirage 2000-5, F-16C (Blk.50), and a F-4E AUP (all in 48th) in it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Hey @Enzo Matrix you think she's worthy of a 50th anniversary STGB?

It's hard to beleieve that the F-16 has been around for nearly half a century!  :yikes:     But it's true! 

7 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

It's hard to beleieve that the F-16 has been around for nearly half a century!  :yikes:     But it's true! 

and it aged much better than most of us too!!!

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Andres Alvarado said:

Hi everyone!! can I play too with a 1/72 Tamiya in Chilean markings?  😬

Cheers!!!

oh course you can   :thumbsup:  , everyone is welcome.  

Your choice is nice, it'll be great to see an F-16 in less common markings.

On 6/13/2021 at 5:42 PM, Dermo245 said:

Quick question for the Falcon experts - can I build an F-16E (Block 60) as a Block 50 of the Greek A/F?

Are the changes internal only (e.g. avionics) or is it more substantial with engines, intakes etc? The kit already has the CFT tanks.

(Oh, and it's 1/72, Hasegawa.)

Thanks in advance,

Dermot

You most certainly can, however you may, or rather shall need the extended basic C brake chute fin base that is available in the Revell/Monogram.

If you go that route I'll be happy to take the specialized Block 60 sprues from your hands.

A more simple way is to just use the Hasegawa CFTs on the Revell/Monogram (far more accurate) C model.

If choosing the Revell/Monogram you would need the bulged main gear doors from Aires or CMK as the kit lacks them and the Hasegawa's are too short because of a design flaw of the lower fuselage.

Edited by Robertone139
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

I would like to join this fine group of folks as I have more than a few lawn darts in the stash.

no problems at all, welcome to the madness with is an STGB! :D

Pretty much just 1 sleep to go folks until the fun starts!!!! :bounce:

Hopefully everyone has the builds sorted, if not there's still plenty of time.........so who's going to join me a build a 1/32nd beast???? :D

• Like 1

So...   I made the decision about my build.

Shortly after the F-16 was introduced to service, there was talk of using it in the CAS role.  A small number of aircraft were repainted in the Europe-1 camouflage scheme.  I thought it would be nice to build one of those as it is a little different.

I had a look at my display shelves and was horrified to see this!

spacer.png

Yep!  I built it in the last F-16 STGB.  :shrug:

No problem.  There are lots of other nice colour schemes to use.  The Arctic Bandit aggressor scheme is very striking.  That could be a good choice.

Er....   no..  :fraidnot:  

spacer.png

Okay...   how about an aircraft in the Have Glass IV scheme?   That would be interesting.

Oh for goodness sake!!!! 

spacer.png

So...   looks like it could be an early F-16C from Ramstein with the early three greys scheme and a honking great big dragon on the fin. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

.... bet you'll do it and then find the same one you built earlier!!  🤣

I'm starting to wonder if I've built every F-16 and now I'm having to go round again... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm starting to wonder if I've built every F-16 and now I'm having to go round again... 

now I bet you don't have this scheme!

https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/infiniteflight/original/4X/a/c/2/ac2bb407087e16b6211c11f238c7f9af40ea8226.jpg

41 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

37 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

34 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Plus who doesn't like/love SEA schemes, this is a brand new one applied on an F-16

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/41032/texan-f-16-viper-appears-in-vietnam-era-green-and-tan-camouflage

Ive always wanted to do this one, Im a betting man and Im guessing Enzo hasn't done this one yet either. 

https://www.f-16.net/g3/f-16-photos/album38/album68/85-1565

Short of having to travel to the ME for work I'll be working on two HHA two seaters, a block 40 with the enlarged spine and a Kinetic Sufa.

Other F-16s I may attempt:

AFTI,

YF-16 with gear doors Sparrows.

That brings up a question, I have seen YF-16 photos with 4 Sparrows in different combinations, including two underwings+two wingtip mounted or two underwings and two on the MLG doors pylons, but never all six.

Has anyone got that precious reference?

• Like 1