F-16 STGB Part Deux Chat

22 hours ago, Marklo said:

Would live to join in. Nothing in the stash but I’m sure even my local art and hobby will have some F16 kits.

the thing here is trying to coming away with only one model! :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/03/2021 at 14:04, trickyrich said:

the thing here is trying to coming away with only one model! :D

Hi Rich

I have the same problem when I enter my local Hobby shop to buy some paints it is very hard to go out without a plastic model ...

I will do my best to take part in this Gb but my build programm is already very busy for this year ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

it would be nice to have you along Patrice if you have the time.

I'm positive you're not the only one with very busy GB year! :frantic:

Hi Rich

Thank you for your comment but 2021 is still another year where there are too many interesting GBs in which I would like to participate but unfortunately where I do not have enough time to spend on building kits nevertheless i would do my best to join this one ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Miko said:

I don't have an F-16 in the stash, but would this be okay?

Yup, the Mitsu F-2 is cleared for takeoff per Rich in the first post.  It's an F-16 on steroids.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

Yup, the Mitsu F-2 is cleared for takeoff per Rich in the first post.  It's an F-16 on steroids.  

Found Rich’s rules.

Ok I've found the original rules I had for the last F-16 STGB:

“#2 - The build subject is the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (it’s original name) and all of its model variations. Plus I will allow the Mitsubishi F-2 as it’s a F-16 on steroids!

Ok one extra for some which I know will make happy, I will allow "proper operational" WhatIf schemes for the F-16XL, plus any current (or past) weapon loadouts. 

What this means is the F-16XL scheme has to be one that is currently on (or was on) an F-16. So who will be the first to do an F-16XL in an Israeli F-16I Sufa scheme?   That would've been me if I wasn't building a 1/32nd beast.”

12 hours ago, Miko said:

I don't have an F-16 in the stash, but would this be okay?

spacer.png

welcome along Miko to you first GB/STGB by the looks of it, and you're sweet with this one and what a fine choice too!!! :thumbsup:  There is a lot of F-16 DNA in that aircraft..... most would think it's an F-16 at first glance.

I love the scheme, I hope that's the one you're doing!

ok it's not quite time to panic yet, but hopefully everyone's got their builds planned, at the rate this year is going it'll be here before we know it!

Plus I've even updated the list, 16 new victims names.... yes I have been slack in keeping that up to date.

One question, what scale is everyones builds? I'd be interesting to see which is the most popular, being a smallish jet 1/48th would be perfect. Plus there are some lovely models out there in that scale. Plus it would be interesting to see the variety, I know one Gumby is going huge with 1/32nd :D, but will we see some wee 1/144th we have a wee 1/100th from @CliffB.

Anyway let me know and I'll update the list.

I'll probably be doing a 1/72 Diana.  Need to get the 1/72 kits cleared out.....though there have been some tempting 1/48 arrivals of late.  :hmmm:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

we have a wee 1/100th from @CliffB.

I'm sorry Rich, but my F-16 kit is no more and hence I won't be participating in the Group Build :(.

Prompted by a significant birthday, I've recently carried out a SABLE analysis on my stash and (surprise, surprise), it contained approximately twice as many kits as I could possibly build in my remaining years!

Unfortunately, the F-16 (and indeed most post-60s subjects), fell victim to the resulting cull.  

Cheers

• Sad 4

I needed to order a couple bits for the A-4 I just got underway.....and some resin cans, seats & metal pitots for the Diana duo may have fallen into the cart.  :whistle:

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its nearly time , and perfect timing just finished the A-4 , time for another Adversary :)

I should be able to get this built before the F-14 STGB ;)  I really feel the need for speed

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 2

Quick question for the Falcon experts - can I build an F-16E (Block 60) as a Block 50 of the Greek A/F?

Are the changes internal only (e.g. avionics) or is it more substantial with engines, intakes etc? The kit already has the CFT tanks.

(Oh, and it's 1/72, Hasegawa.)

Thanks in advance,

Dermot

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

Hadn’t realised this one was upon us, have to acquaint F16 or two…. 

So you'd better be at the shops now buying some!!!! :fight:

59 minutes ago, Dermo245 said:

Quick question for the Falcon experts - can I build an F-16E (Block 60) as a Block 50 of the Greek A/F?

Are the changes internal only (e.g. avionics) or is it more substantial with engines, intakes etc? The kit already has the CFT tanks.

(Oh, and it's 1/72, Hasegawa.)

Thanks in advance,

Dermot

I can't help you with this one...... I do know F-16 Block numbers nearly did my had in last time...... talk about going down the rabbit hole! :blink:

I don't know it this will help...

https://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions.html

I'm going to post a couple of sites that talk about modelling early version in the reference section.