F-16 STGB Part Deux Chat

Seeing we are revisiting quite a few GB's form the past I thought it was time (well you can thank  @vppelt68 for reminding me  :D ) to re-visit everyones favorite/favourite little Light Weight Fighter, the F-16!

It has been a few years since the last one, 2017...I know because I hosted that one, so 2021 is about right to do it again.

The F-16 is still a front-line assert in most air forces around the world....well those not silly enough to go the F-35 path...... trust my lot too! :doh:

......and i know there's masses of F-16's in stashes so there's no excuse to help make room in the stash of even more models! :D

Ok with the last F-16 STGB, allowed the Mitsubishi F-2 because of it's an F-16 on steroids.

The F-16XL is ok of course in it's demo schemes, but this time I'm opening it up just a wee bit more. The proviso is that it's in a proper operational F-15E Strike Eagle scheme!!! The F-16XL was up again the F-15E Strike Eagle for the US Air Force's "Enhanced Tactical Fighter" competition, which it lost out to in 1984.  So by some twist of bazaar fate (or me having a night on the rum back then), something mysteriously happened and the F-16XL won the competition. So for one time only I'm allowing and F-16XL in either current or former F-15E colour schemes...Israeli F-15I scheme? :hmmm:

* referenced from? :D (Top Shots II)

1, trickyrich - Host   -1/32nd   

2, Corsairfoxfouruncle  - 1/48th

3, few9fkr9595  (Tony Oliver???) - 1/72nd

4, rafalbert  - 

5, Marlin  -

6, madcat911  -

7, theplasticsurgeon  - 1/72nd

8, TEMPESTMK5  -

9, Wez  -

10, Jabba  -

11, Valkyrie  -

12, Vingtor  -

13, zebra  -

14, helios16v  -

15, Romeo Alpha Yankee  -

16, CliffB  -1/100th

17, Beazer  -

18, Col.  -

19, modelling minion  - 

20, Mozzy19  -

21, exdraken  -

22, desert falcon  - 1/48th

23, Anatol Pigwa - 1/72nd

24, Arniec  -

25, Bowman :partytime:   -

26, FortyEight  - 1/48th

27, Enzo Matrix  -

28, alt-92  - 

29, Ray B.  -

30, RJ-WobblyHands  - 1/48th

31, Christer A  -

32, DaveJL  -

33, Dermo245  -

34, stevehnz  -

35, Bjorn  - 1/48th

36, Hockeyboy76  - Egg scale

37, Peter W  -

38, PeterB  -

39, Marklo  -

40, TEMPESTMK5  -

41, Miko  -

42, Robert  -

43, MickE  -

• Like 5

⬆️ Which bit referenced to what?

Yeah I remember the last one where your tigermeet pipped my haveglass by one point at the eleventieth hour...😕

😂

And yes like most I have far far too many falcons in the stash. Two dozen? I think? All 72nd though. 

Count me in! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony Oliver said:

⬆️ Which bit referenced to what?

Yeah I remember the last one where your tigermeet pipped my haveglass by one point at the eleventieth hour...😕

😂

And yes like most I have far far too many falcons in the stash. Two dozen? I think? All 72nd though. 

Count me in! 

the title "Part Deux"?

I remember it was right down to the wire, it was a very impressive build of yours!!!  I have to admit that Have Glass scheme has peaked my interest since MRP have now released a "Have Glass Special Matt Varnish".

On 25/03/2020 at 02:18, trickyrich said:

the title "Part Deux"?

I remember it was right down to the wire, it was a very impressive build of yours!!!  I have to admit that Have Glass scheme has peaked my interest since MRP have now released a "Have Glass Special Matt Varnish".

Oh yeah - hotshots film. 

Yes I have that varnish and the base coat grey. 
The varnish has like a rainbow metallic fleck to it. Hard to describe. But that way all the markings will be covered in it too 👌🏽

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:58 PM, trickyrich said:

It has been a few years since the last one, 2017...I know because I hosted that one, so 2021 is about right to do it again.

He he - remember it well!  I built this Israeli F-16B two-seater.

I've got an Academy F-16c Thunderbird in the stash - I'm in.

00-Academy-F16-Thunderbird.jpg

• Like 1

I actually don’t have a big stash or any F-16s, however I do have a massive decal book for Israeli F-16s after my one and only F-16 build but really fancy doing a sufa and a Greek and polish and an American....

‘Yes please for me...

I have 20-30 F-16 models that I would like to do (and I even have the kits). A STGB might help me finish one.... Count me in.

Nils

Oh go on then. They're boring grey things for the most part but there is a Hasegawa F-16N in the stash that'll need build one day so may as well be in good company.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Oh go on then. They're boring grey things for the most part but there is a Hasegawa F-16N in the stash that'll need build one day so may as well be in good company.

why don't you got some of those Nudie Diana decal sets for the F-16? Add a bit of colour and spice to a boring grey F-16.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

mmmm but Col just likes boring grey! :D

Aww hell no! Even a Viggen in grey is pushing my limits 🥱

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

why don't you got some of those Nudie Diana decal sets for the F-16? Add a bit of colour and spice to a boring grey F-16.

...which is a distinct possibility if I can find either that Hasegawa double boxing or the right decals for a kit :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, helios16v said:

Thinking of it, the N is the stripped down aggressor for the US Navy.....most decidedly not the standard grey scheme.  ;)

That's why I like it :D