Esci 1/48 FJ-2 Fury.

stevej60

Hi folk's,with a good deal of time left in this GB and apart from a hiccup with one of my three entries I,ve decided I need to re-visit more detailed 1/48 scale

modelling and get the airbrush out again.I was trawling through E-bay for something cheap as the only other I/48 kit I have is the Tamiya Corsair but that's

earmarked for the STGB later this year.So this kit caught my eye as a Sabre fan and at a strange £7:11 stuck a bid in which a day later won,the kit is still

sealed in cellophane so fingers crossed the decal's are fine.Not without its shape issues still should look good in the box scheme.

https://modelingmadness.com/scott/korean/fj2preview.htm.

As a coincidence the last 1/48 kit I did was another Esci oldie well over a year ago now.

20190201_183731

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Hi Steve,

Leave yourself time for the Spitfire/Seafire GB! You are doing the FJ-2, Enzo the FJ-3 and I might just do my FJ-4 - only needs the radically different FJ-1 to complete the set. The design development is very interesting - the straight winged FJ-1 Fury led to the swept wing F-86 Sabre, which the USN wanted, so a modified version became the FJ-2, which in turn was developed into the FJ-3 and the bigger FJ-4 designed to carry nukes as I understand it.

Look after yourself.

Pete

Edited by PeterB

11 hours ago, PeterB said:

Leave yourself time for the Spitfire/Seafire GB!

Thank's Pete,I had the old 1/72 Vb arrive last week and just ordered the 1/48 tooling same era for the GB.Take care.

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oooh Ive been looking for one of these for awhile now. Don't mind if I follow do you ? 

At the price worth a bid,glad to have you aboard,take care too.

• Like 1

Morning folk's,kit arrived in good order still sealed from new sadly the decals are shot,now the chances of replacement's are about zero there is a

new set from Caracal advertised as a future release but no date so this one might be a no go for now.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, stevej60 said:

there is a new set from Caracal advertised as a future release but no date so this one might be a no go for now.

My apologies for not making these Fury sheets my life's No.1 priority in the midst of a global pandemic 🙂.  They are being printed and will be available sometime in the May-June time frame, assuming that all the supply chain and logistics problems we are facing right now do not get worse by then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rob85 said:

Shame to hear the decals were no use! But promising news above, let’s hope it all goes to plan.

Rob

Yea bit gutted Rob but even taking in the price of replacement decal's for what I paid for the kit evens thing's out I'd definitely rule it out for this 

GB but some great schemes to come on the Carical sheet,just to ease the pain as I needed an old tool Airfix Spitfire Vb for the next GB I noticed KK

had  a Trumpeter late Fury in their sale for £12 so ordered it hopefully as they are trading as normal for now it should be here next week.

12 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

My apologies for not making these Fury sheets my life's No.1 priority in the midst of a global pandemic 🙂.  They are being printed and will be available sometime in the May-June time frame, assuming that all the supply chain and logistics problems we are facing right now do not get worse by then.

Completely understandable given the worldwide situation.

Morning folk's as expected I'll have to call this off due to the decal situation but will start a new thread for what will be my last entry for this GB in

the form of Trumpeter's later Fury in 1/48 scale.

• Sad 2