Eduard Bf-109 in 1/72nd scale...

John Masters

I'm far from an expert on the subtleties of the later variants and variations within those variants of the 109, but couldn't the same base tooling be used for almost everything from the F to the K? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

I'm far from an expert on the subtleties of the later variants and variations within those variants of the 109, but couldn't the same base tooling be used for almost everything from the F to the K? 

Yes which is pretty much what Eduard have done in 1/48th. F’s and early G’s can use the same wings and fuselage. Change out the fuselage and you get G6’s, change the upper wings out on a G6 and add new fuselage you get the G6as, G10, G14, and K. What with the way Eduard does its modular construction. All the rudders, props, canopies, and empennage are separate, and all are usually in each boxing. I have three 109G’s in 1/48 built, one G6 late and two G10’s. I have 6 rudders, 6 props, 3 sets of exhausts, 3 complete stab/rudder sets, canopies, gun pods, multiple bomb racks, and drop tanks. So plenty of spares for future use. 

Dennis

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John Masters said:

A year before they released the DVII in 1/72nd I wrote and asked them about it.  They flatly denied they would ever release the kit in 1/72nd.   

Long time ago Vladimir Šulc said that they focus mainly on 48th. It's clearly visible. So far they've released many more models in 48th (from what I remember: Bf 108, Hawker Tempest Mk.V old tool, P-39 Airacobra Family, He 280, Spad VII/XIII, SE 5, Siemens somthing, BF 110 family, Bf 109 E, Bf 109 G " on steroids", new Bf 109G, F and K, old FW 190 A family, new FW 190 family, F6F, Spitfire VIII/IX/XVI, new Tempest Mk.V, AVIA B.534, P-51 Mustang, FW 190 D, MiG-21 family and quite soon we'll get new Spitires Mk.I-V, Tempest Mk.II and Mezek and this Czech trainer aircraft) than in 72nd ( Hellcat, Bf 110, AVIA B.534, MiG-15, MiG-21, Spitfire VIII-XVI, Fokker D.VII and forthcoming some Czech light weight aircraft). I didn't mention some WWI planes in 48th and 72nd cos I don't remember. 

I remember that VŠ told 2 years ago that small Bf 109G family would be released at the end of 2019 or beginning of this year.

So there is a possibility that Eduard release Bf 109F-K family somewhere during this decade but I would rather expect other company do it much faster.

I'm all for Eduard going backwards. Start with the K-4 (which is a complete different fuse/tail anyway).

Reasons:

- it's the final version of the bf-109

- saw operational use (Bodenplatte)

- Every man and his dog already does G's

- Erla's, G16AS and all those subvariants are essentially niche*

*(oooh, daring! wait for the incoming flak)

Edited by alt-92
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, John Masters said:

A year before they released the DVII in 1/72nd I wrote and asked them about it.  They flatly denied they would ever release the kit in 1/72nd.   

That must have been before they announced their "72 Scale Revolution" that brought us the magnificent Spitfire and Fw-190 A/F kits?

It would only be logical to follow up with equally popular types, like the Bf-109, Fw-190D and P-51D, all of which have been kitted in 48 scale and could be down-sized to 72.

I am sure Eduard's 109 series would be the best on the market in terms of value-for-money!

If this kit materializes in form of a late-war-variant (G14, G14AS, G10, K4) I'd be in for a couple of boxes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

That must have been before

It was afterwards for sure because I had already purchased a Spitfire kit.

23 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

If this kit materializes in form of a late-war-variant (G14, G14AS, G10, K4) I'd be in for a couple of boxes.

Ditto.  I would hope for an international marking decal sheet...

• Like 1

Gents,
I understand it is rumour thread, but in this case we have clear information from Mr. Sulc.
Question is not IF they do Bf-109 in 1/72, but rather WHEN.

here

"1:72 Bf-109 series is essentially in queue, we just [have to] finish the S-199 / CS-199 / Bf 109G-12 1:48 project, then do one more simple conversion, and then 1/72"

here

"Personally, I think we'll do the Fw-190D in 1/72 as well.
As for the Bf 109F / G / K, yes, we will make them in 1/72 as in 1/48."

Edited by HKR
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

I like it when a kit manufacturer works out all the bugs in 1/48, then goes for the scale that really matters... :cwl:

So that's why they make 1/48th scale...I always wondered.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eduard now runs an quarter scale program. I don´t little understand why people still beg a 1/72 Bf 109 from Eduard. Last year release Tamiya their Gustav 6 and who build it say - a "modeller heaven". Yup, i know,  it is a only Bf 109G-6 early, but far year back release Zvezda their Bf 109F (click n´clack), Airfix Bf 109E...  and AZ model whole family - with what if pieces too. For me is WW II german aircrafft unbuiltable, because have dots camos and i can´t airbrushing tiny dots on tiny model :(   Quarter scale is little better and most ideal is 1/32 :) And small (or as i say kid scale, because it is models for pocket many for school kids) scale Messerschmitt´s from Eduard coming.  But probably - not too soon. (I build in my whole modellers life  many 1/72 Bf 109 and i can  say - we have all....  Finemolds have nice Bf 109 family with Kurfürst.... little overpriced for me, but kit looks good. But we have all version in small scale... For me - Bf 109 Emil from Tamiya or Airfix, Bf 109 Fridrich from Zvezda, Bf 109 Gustav from Tamiya and G-10 and Kurfürst from Fine Molds...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AlCZ said:

I don´t little understand why people still beg a 1/72 Bf 109 from Eduard. [...] For me is WW II german aircrafft unbuiltable, because have dots camos and i can´t airbrushing tiny dots on tiny model :( Quarter scale is little better and most ideal is 1/32 :) And small (or as i say kid scale, because it is models for pocket many for school kids) scale Messerschmitt´s from Eduard coming. 

Trolling, eh?

No, people don't beg for new kit from Eduard. People try to guess when it be available.
So you answered yourself: because you dislike 1/72 scale, you can't understand why other people like it. So why writing here about it?
Just imagine, there are people do like 1/72, and German subjects are buildable for them. They can do small spots you can't. They don't think about 1/72 scale as toys.
I could say 1/72 is true man's scale because you need skills to build them nice. Oh, how about "1/48 is too easy for me and even 1/32 is a big toy for people with big clumsy fingers". But I don't say that, I don't go to any of 1/48 thread and don't say "I don't little understand why people beg for 1/48 subject, we have nice 1/72 scale and that is enough for me".
Just stop thinking what is good for you should be good for the rest of world.

2 hours ago, AlCZ said:

I build in my whole modellers life  many 1/72 Bf 109 and i can  say - we have all....  Finemolds have nice Bf 109 family with Kurfürst.... little overpriced for me, but kit looks good. But we have all version in small scale... For me - Bf 109 Emil from Tamiya or Airfix, Bf 109 Fridrich from Zvezda, Bf 109 Gustav from Tamiya and G-10 and Kurfürst from Fine Molds...

All you mention have drawbackas or just errors. So why not to have whole family with best available quality from one manufacturer? With all small details and rivetting. So you say I don't need it, because you can't paint it? Oh rly?

Edited by HKR
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, HKR said:

So why writing here about it?

When I read "kid scale", I wouldn't call it writing, but rather whining. And well, for me this is poor trolling as well. Collectors building vast series of Bf 109s want to be able to make multiple variants, not just one model from each main version. In addition, they want to be able to compare these variants with each other, and mixing models from different manufacturers effectively prevents this.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

mixing models from different manufacturers effectively prevents this

C'mon. :unamused:

Our whole reason of being here is based on comparing this make to that and see who does it best.

After that, we'll discuss whether RLM83 was green or blue.

:popcorn:

Edited by alt-92
  • Haha 4

Hi all,

As much as I love Tamiya's 1/72 G-6 as a best kit I have ever built I think they missed opportunity to make an ultimate kit with dropped flaps and open slats. I wish Eduard to beat Tamiya on this!

Cheers,

Aacee

On 13/04/2020 at 21:28, alt-92 said:

After that, we'll discuss whether RLM83 was green or blue.

:popcorn:

Oh you mean the paint barrels RAF captured from Germans, and then used to sea camouflage Spitfires in Malta?

:coat:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Oh you mean the paint barrels RAF captured from Germans, and then used to sea camouflage Spitfires in Malta?

Ssssshhhhh! It's supposed to be a secret!

20 hours ago, AlCZ said:

I think a 2022 is optimistic.

Agreed. 2018 would have made more sense (see what I did there)

No, seriously - We've seen 1/48 versions followed by 1/72 ones a couple of years later. So anywhere within now and two years is ok.

Edited by alt-92