Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

COVID-19 & Buy/Sell - To reopen 15th June

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, JasonC said:

Perhaps the strapline at the top of the page needs to be changed to:

 

"Keeping modellers apart since 2020"

Bringing Modellers Together (online) since 2007 :tease:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea Mike and I applaud your decision to do so.   Good luck to all of you and stay well my friends! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gary Brantley said:

Good idea Mike and I applaud your decision to do so.   Good luck to all of you and stay well my friends! 😀

Thanks Gary - it was a nugget of an idea from Julien that we fleshed out during a Skype conversation, so it's not just me doing the thinking :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Bringing Modellers Together (online) since 2007 :tease:

Hope that emoji sanitised it's thumbs …. Needs to retract that tongue too.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lol, we were watching a tv prog last night and everyone was hugging; I called out “c’mon, SOCIAL DISTANCING folks”’!!😂🤣

Edited by Markh-75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent decision, if the whole country could think and act responsibly like us, this might die down a whole lot quicker.  Sadly, kids on our street are still coming to the door to see if my kids are playing out, and then they look at us with blank expressions when we mention social distancing.  Makes you wonder if the parents have any concept of whats going on.

 

My stash used to be tiny/non-existent.  I had a tendency to buy and build, then buy and build etc.  I was lucky enough to recently be gifted a total of 7 kits from a couple of people at work, so no issues there.  But I realised today that I'm starting to run low on AB cleaner, which will stop my modelling if I can't get some more online.  So that's going to be a killer, a huge stack of unbuilt models sat next to me in my home office, but no resources to build and clean up with 😬 I might have to do some more decorating in the living room if that happens 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lol, quick! Get online ASAP!😂🤣 Get it ordered NOW!🤣😉

that said, my wife wants a ceiling painted upstairs but we all know it will become, “while you have the paint and roller out....”😯🤨😂

Edited by Markh-75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoolioPaulio said:

But I realised today that I'm starting to run low on AB cleaner, which will stop my modelling if I can't get some more online.  So that's going to be a killer, a huge stack of unbuilt models sat next to me in my home office, but no resources to build and clean up with 😬 I might have to do some more decorating in the living room if that happens 

:frantic: start hoarding immediately! :lol: But seriously, don't. :nono: Just get what you think you'll need.  I usually buy half a dozen rattle cans of Liquid Reamer at a time, as I'm pretty isolated most of the time.  That serves me for upwards of a year at times, although with more modelling time you might go through more.

 

3 minutes ago, HoolioPaulio said:

Makes you wonder if the parents have any concept of whats going on.

Clearly not.  My cul-de-sac has about 20 houses, and I've already seen about 6-8 families getting way too close to each other on each other's properties without the social distancing recommended 1.5m between them.  I can foresee a new announcement confining people to indoors if people don't start practicing safe distancing and isolation.  In fact I spoke to someone today that suggested that this may come as soon as Friday.  If this is more draconian, you can blame the idiots who aren't doing their part yet.  The usual few spoiling it for the many, although this time it's more than a few :mental:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a note on big H's home page that 

Quote

We have received guidance from our Government and they are encouraging mailorder firms to stay open! So we will be staying open!

Obviously, each business will assess the risks to their own staff and clients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a few more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Alcohol based , 700ml per Ltr . Kills 99.9% of germs . One brand is Purell , doctors and hospitals use it . If you can get it . We bought all this kind of stuff in January , knew what was coming . there are plenty of other sanitsers about containing the same alcohol content and kills 99.9% etc.

"If you can get it" is kind of the point. My wife and I are part of a group providing shopping and other help for people who need it and on the basis of our experience earlier today there is no commercially available alcohol-based hand sanitiser anywhere in this area just now. 

 

(Apologies to Mike for the thread drift!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

(Apologies to Mike for the thread drift!)

No worries - it's probably better on the Self-Isolating thread though.  I'll post something about making your own there shortly. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

sanitiser

Bit more  . There is a factory owner making loads of sanitiser , free to NHS etc. and then for sale to general public . IIRC he has 2 plants working round the clock . he was on BBC news 24

Edited by bzn20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike for world Health Organization in charge. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darn it, just when I needed to off-load a pallet full of bog rolls.

 

Stay safe everyone,

Rick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mike said:

Thanks Gary - it was a nugget of an idea from Julien that we fleshed out during a Skype conversation, so it's not just me doing the thinking :yes:

So humble!☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And life and work go's on for some that aren't  on lockdown, I'd love a few weeks at home, might get to finish a flippen model then 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, colin said:

And life and work go's on for some that aren't  on lockdown, I'd love a few weeks at home, might get to finish a flippen model then 😀

Are you a key worker, or just forced to carry on regardless of the risk to your health? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, colin said:

And life and work go's on for some that aren't  on lockdown, I'd love a few weeks at home, might get to finish a flippen model then 😀

And for me. 

 

The business quoting Like for Like sales up more than 20% compared to last year for the last three weeks, so I suspect until sales drop to make worth more to send us home and get the Goverment to pay 80% of the wages nothing will change.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike said:

Are you a key worker, or just forced to carry on regardless of the risk to your health? :(

Not a key worker, domestic appliance repair for a very large international company, they claim essential work for our customers so we need to carry on, or self isolate and claim the statutory sick pay.

Multiple call at different houses, in different areas, seems a very good way to spread the virus, but they just quote we're following government guidlines, that will be the management working from home 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologise for being slightly off-topic and a touch political but in all this Coronavirus stuff, they always say '...Save the NHS'. I wonder if they are now willing to inject some more effort into SAVING it after this has all blown over? What would these people IN hospital with other conditions and with Covid-19 have done had there been NO NHS? Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Markh-75 said:

I apologise for being slightly off-topic and a touch political but in all this Coronavirus stuff, they always say '...Save the NHS'. I wonder if they are now willing to inject some more effort into SAVING it after this has all blown over? What would these people IN hospital with other conditions and with Covid-19 have done had there been NO NHS? Just a thought.

A very worthy thought too, just not for here, as we have a moratorium on politics.  It's :poop: and it causes arguments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Mike said:

A very worthy thought too, just not for here, as we have a moratorium on politics.  It's :poop: and it causes arguments.

I know; i wasnt sure; which is why i didnt expand on it too much, cheers Mike. I shan't bring it up again on 'ere.

Feel free to delete it if you wish; no offence.

 

Edited by Markh-75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Markh-75 said:

I shan't bring it up again on 'ere.

Feel free to delete it if you wish; no offence.

No harm done ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...