Swedish Heavy Metal Solo Display (well, sort of...) - [Finished!]

alt-92

This is a kit I've had on my to-do list for a relatively short time, but needs must, opportunity rises etc. etc...
Did not expect to join the GB at the beginning, however, being confined to home there's no time like now.

So, without further ado, I present you:
The Swedish* Heavy Metal Display - Solo build.

The kit is delivered in a sturdy, compact, but tall two-part packaging:

y4mFiDfoEnXlsE0QnsngRIzuiHCHO0uyoQn6fO4r

Clicking around the site, I've also taken the liberty of adding some Aftermarket bits.

Consisting of some LED lights:
y4mIwQ5BWaPVvehw-io5BfhYn42u0PnzGJooEqS_

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

First steps:
The obligatory sprue shots. 
After carefully slicing the tape and opening the first box, we can see the custom wrapped and boxed clear parts.

y4m0V13nMELT3tIY4Ao428-NAAu1Qop9anN9BoYH

Along with the content of box 2 in black metal:

y4m2u8v3KYgISzpf8anvEzeKFxA9Bz3wlLHjwhf4

plenty of soft wrapping materials at hand, I must say they did not skimp on the packaging.

Moving along, we also find the deconstruction Manuel.
y4mwlN8dRtMuJA-w4-TfIIZ4xpu9Jg1UpssZwC9d

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

....which upon opening, instructs us in no uncertain terms to begin with the assembly of the landing gear.

y4mDcaqJhdSXvTSCeGb0sNVzfouHV1uHQkekcMp4

:shrug:

Oh well...nothing for it.

Gear struts assembled, and I must admit: no putty or sanding needed.

y4mcclxWbZhroAZLcHLTWw67HsSYNnMjEpR33pIE

In fact, things are going so well, I've proceeded with the assembly of the main fuselage spars as well.

This is going to be quite a big stonker once it's finished!

y4mEXF7VyKPL2VSb2k1tj_uBLUXBSC5HZVKpw4I1

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Preferably not :P - this will be a clean build, right out of the box so to speak - apart for the landing lights that is.

Work intervened.

WfH is great, but less if you're part of the guys making it possible you actually CAN work from home.

• Haha 1

Right. 
Panic averted!  Which means, we can finish the build just in time for dinner.

Just before the call to arms, I managed to get the roof on.

y4mpYVj6rY5TD0itIUas4AF24RxJi7eofLFlW0eA

By this time, it seemed a good idea to move the build to the location where it's going to end up - so here we go, first side & back windows added.

y4mKZzUP1tnHWpRbpvFZQLXD27J5rXKFFeBxDtNZ

The windows are quite a tight fit, and together with the severe danger of warping it really needs proper attention to adjust the stance.
Fortunately, the gear struts are not too long, and have the built-in option of playing with the oleos extended or not to fix abovementioned issue.

The roof top is bluetacked in place, because we still need to fit & adjust....

The doors. Greebly bits added:

y4mSDqFINfDBsqUGIF9zeTtZDl6M8HgOyOg5zFGI

And a bit out of focus but recognizable, the bay door pivots.

y4mWc50toJ3jFYxg9jYQ1Tfe0QAJ1g3QhOYNqnJE

• Like 1

Doors fitted, and adjustments made:

y4mW2aOZmWQpxjQw-ba2VCzwqkHmNcPXbPnUgBzp

As obviously the interior of the fuselage will be extremely visible, proper care is taken to add the illumination.

Now, I believe these are the correct tools, right?

Feedback appreciated :P

y4mvp0OAO95PTgtaVOHe386yMN-8ytpm667RlLcm

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

¿porque no les dos?

Anyways, where were we? Oh right. Illumination.

The aftermarket LED lighting is one of those multipurpose thingies, you can also use them in wardrobe closets & such and therefore each has a pretty looooooong lead attached.
Needed to do something about that, so this is the front view:

y4mwLIrWbyfaNwxDQEmLUo-WbCiwT9H3HXG6sTLg

Now normally, these thin white wires would dangle behind the rear windows - not optimal, so some scratchbuilding took place.

Found a spare wire/lead guide strip in the stash/spares cabinet, so that was suitably cut to size.

y4mc2t6_5M-YUKXbkjOr8MDn8-CTu4JXCmoLSVpO

A near perfect fit, of course the close-up shows all the horrible bits but 1:1 it's barely noticable, I swear, really!

• Like 1

Nearly there, we're on the home stretch now!

Time to install the innards, all the interior bulkheads are now fitted.

One thing I've noticed is that this kit manufacturer is pretty good when it comes to spares, so there's a good chance I'll be adding some greeblies to hold an extra shelf.
Don't know if they also sell these on a separate sprue, if not there's a place that does vacform custom work nearby.

y4m5LP8IV5MBDUVSfoTG8tIomV10B7QiiZYNAgRT

A light coating of Windex & polish later, and it's boarding time for the passengers.

y4m0KRLpyVT8gOxHlmxN_6sreRFLmoAEYfJtvl92

y4meh7wwbtNVqmMNjDBooXG5m3M71ZvWgSXXXsM1

Excellent view of the internals with these canopy parts. 
Would recommend, 10.10.

y4m5-hgcjHhDerwkrz7Nf23z4uMtH6nWlxz8YMr_

y4m9sJEmZ5rUcRmXJJ_Qpz_DzrhOzHW0baCRB355

And that, my dear friends, concludes this build of the new 1:1 scale Milsbo Display cab Solo* build from that big Swedish store.
Hope you like it!

*Disclaimer: please pay attention to what the Deconstruction Manuel states: for safety, you should do this with two persons. 
Not possible in my case, YMMV, at your own risk, yada yada, consult a lawyer, etc. 

Edited by alt-92
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• alt-92 changed the title to Swedish Heavy Metal Solo Display (well, sort of...) - [Finished!]

I know the whole flatpack bit from the rules was mostly made in jest, however I decided to grab the bull by the horns and run with it.

Not kidding about the warping bit though, these panels are really tight and I've heard plenty stories of breakage.

:rofl2:    

I love it!!!!   :thumbsup:

I've been wondering when we'd see a proper Ikea build......though it's not really one as you finished it and probably had no bits left over! 

And you also fitted the bill but then filling it with some nice looking models. I do like the case, though I'd probably need a dozen or so of these....plus do they come in bigger sizes?? A couple of mine would easily take up the entire shelf and more!

Great to see something like this in the build. a bit of fun and enjoyment for everyone, well done! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

:rofl2:    

I love it!!!!   :thumbsup:

Thanks :) Felt good doing it, some lighthearted building in these times.

I've been wondering when we'd see a proper Ikea build......though it's not really one as you finished it and probably had no bits left over! 

Hmm.. Let's see, 
The only bits left are the obligatory wallmount brackets Ikea must provide to keep the damages claims at bay.

So two screws & metal brackets in the spare parts bin.

And you also fitted the bill but then filling it with some nice looking models. I do like the case, though I'd probably need a dozen or so of these....plus do they come in bigger sizes??

It's big enough at 1.75 meters high & 65cm wide.  I did check before, so I picked this one because it'll fit the 1:48 collection inside.

4 hours ago, flarpen said:

Well, that is a nice clean build.
However, I did miss what kit it is.

Milsbo Black, also available in white.

Edited by alt-92
links added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1