1/12 Workbench and Toolbox

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all well, staying safe, and not being too affected by the current situation. I'm so glad to have modelling as a hobby at the moment.

On Facebook I am a member of the Model Factory Hiro build group, and one of my fellow members posts fantastic photos of his WIP with a 1/12 pallet, and a reconstruction of the disitinctive boxes MFH kits come in. I wanted to do something similar, and went trawling the doll's house pages. (1/12 is apparently a popular scale.) I bought a wooden workbench kit, and a photo-etched brass toolbox and tools. I had the idea to paint the box as if it belonged to a 787B enthusiast.

Here are the first shots with it, showing the front cooling assembly, and the brake disc rotors. (I have enhanced these with silvers of plastic with the ventilation grooves cut in on my plotter cutter as MFH provide them as flat discs. This may be accurate for the original spec but I'm building from a reference book of the 2011 restoration, and sticking to that for consistency.)

v8fZ1JU.jpg 

fCZCZ1p.jpg 

aejrKRQ.jpg

Thanks for looking in,

Gareth

• Like 4