Eduard 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf110D

8 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I notice your fuselage doesn't have the long tail take the 'D' has or at least most. Didn't the kit come with one?  I'm just curious. 

Great spot Greg, i wondered if anyone would notice... Pure incompetence on my behalf I'm afraid, the long tail fuselage is included but i picked the wrong one for the scheme i wanted to do. D'oh!

The main reason I noticed the tail is I'm planning on doing two 1/48 Bf110D's in the BOB Group build, as a result I have been looking into them a lot. One will be  Dackelbauh and the other a standard Erprobungsgruppe 210 fighter bomber. This gives me a green scheme and a mottled scheme. Both are Longtail 'D's. One will be an Eduard kit and the other a Dragon kit. I still haven't found a photo of a short tail 'D'. I looked a quite a lot before I bought the Dragon kit.

By the way, I think your mottle paint work is excellent. 

• Thanks 1

Apologies for the lousy late night, low light photos but got the masking off and my love for this build is starting to return

49888125021_d549b876ae_c.jpg

49888435997_36fd85cccf_c.jpg

I'm happy with the mottles and the yellow nose and white band make a huge difference in bringing this more to life. Gloss coat next then decals...

Couldn't resist the shot with its little brother:

49888124911_4523cb2fdd_c.jpg

Thanks for dropping by! 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all! The 110 is progressing slowly and steadily, after a few touch ups on the paint work I got it up on its legs without too much hassle - the undercarriage is fiddly but fits well and is sturdier enough, better than the fw190 i made before this anyway... After a coat of gloss I've just started adding decals, and,  what a difference it makes! I've not been quite sure about this kit and the scheme for a few weeks but as soon as the ominous black crosses go on it starts to look "right". I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the markings on now and then adding some weathering. Cheers! Sam

49920380508_eed75a3b3f_c.jpg

• Like 7

Decals all on including the tiny tiny fuselage panel numbers which you can't see in this rubbish light, all behaved really well. Gloss coat to seal them in and I'm on to the home straight with weathering and final touches. Also can you see what came in the post and will be next on the bench?!?

49939638291_bb5962e2e4_c.jpg

• Like 4

Morning all, hope you are well and enjoying this amazing weather. Really busy at work at the moment, end of (virtual) term bringing lots of marking and assessment so not getting much spare time at the bench, Still the 110 is nearly there... wheels on so I could fit the fuel tanks, bombs and fiddly bits and pieces on the underside - I've left one of the wheelbay doors off for now so I can get a brush in more easily for weathering. Props are painted up as well and will probably go on right at the end. Thanks for taking a look! Sam

49955239966_18b2a2cbb4_c.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Nice work, that's looking very good. What flavour of Tomcat will you be building in the future?!

Thanks! Tomcat is the 1/72 F14D from Revell, plan is to do the grim reapers scheme with black tail ootb. First impression is that it might be a bit of a shock to the system after a couple of Eduard kits which practically fell together; there's sink holes, flash and the dry fit shows some decent size gaps - going to need lots of TLC!  

• 2 weeks later...

Better photo in morning light:

49987232961_1f52934ff7_c.jpg

Canopy masking worked a treat! Last few steps are to weather the underside and flat coat, add exhaust streaks, fix propellers on, and finish off with aerial wires.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

AFAIK the C, D, E and F models flew over the desert.

One quirk of the Eduard weekend editions is the lack of the prominent underfuselage towel rail radio antennae, which are included with the etch of the Profipack boxings. The stock plastic cockpit parts are lovely as is.

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Carlosee1974 said:

Hi - this is amazing - I’ve got a couple of Eduard 1/72 Bf110C to build - is it worth getting cockpit parts? I’ve got the weekend versions.

also I want to paint in desert schemes - how do I know which model flew in North Africa?

Thanks @Carlosee1974, it's a really nice model and goes together great. @Hook has answered both of your questions I think - the cockpit PE does look good (there's a picture on the previous page) but there's nothing wrong with the plastic parts and tbh the control panel is hard to see anyway with the canopy on. Good luck building yours! 

1 hour ago, SaminCam said:

Thanks @Carlosee1974, it's a really nice model and goes together great. @Hook has answered both of your questions I think - the cockpit PE does look good (there's a picture on the previous page) but there's nothing wrong with the plastic parts and tbh the control panel is hard to see anyway with the canopy on. Good luck building yours! 

Thanks guys that’s really kind 

• Like 1