1 72 scale scratch built Karl railgun finished

Hi guys finished my latest scratch built railgun that completes my collection of German railguns of w w 1 and 2 ,I did not think I would be able to build this gun for lack of info and photos but after trawling the internet i found a great side view that was taken by one of the crew that gave me all the info i needed 
.This was the first railway gun Germany built in late 1916 it was designed to fire from its bogies on a curved track
The barrel was made with various tubes all tapered the wheels were 00 gauge altered to fit 1 72 scale track the only other item not scratched were handrails they came from  a Leopold kit.

Decided to have the dio a bit different and as i found a photo of the gun as taken by a crewman i altered a figure to do be the photographer and scratched a camera.

DSCN7794

DSCN7793a DSCN7770a DSCN7773 DSCN7774 DSCN7776 DSCN7777 DSCN7778 DSCN7785

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Excellent build as always. Can I make a suggestion? A couple of things that would improve the appearance would be some items from the model railway suppliers. Scale wheels with smaller flanges and screw couplings. They're not expensive.

John.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent build as always. Can I make a suggestion? A couple of things that would improve the appearance would be some items from the model railway suppliers. Scale wheels with smaller flanges and screw couplings. They're not expensive.

John.

Thanks John , will have a look on line and see what I can find

Thanks for comments guys.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:07 AM, Gorby said:

Fantastic bit of scratch-building!

Any chance of giving us a link to the photo you mentioned? I'd be interested to see it.

Thanks will see if I can find it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John_W said:

Stunning.

I never realised there were so many different rail gun types before  seeing your builds.

Thanks John ,...the french made lots of guns in w w 1 the germans pinched some and used them in ww 2...., The germans made a few in w w 1 but lots inw w 2. Including the largest gun ever built, Dora.

• Like 1