FR24. Aviation decline.

Rick Brown

17 hours ago, rayprit said:

This from an airline pilot helps explain what and why things are still flying(adverts to 2:44 so skip the first minute or so:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5HNUjVEPyQ

Thanks for the link @rayprit he's a very interesting presenter who seems to know his subject 

Edited by Richard E

I live in North Lincolnshire, under the Eastern approach to Finningley, so it's usually difficult to discern military stuff (transitioning North West from Mildenhall, Lakenheath, Marham and Coningsby) from the civilian traffic, which often includes large russian beasts and a 727... It's been much easier of late - pretty much just Typhoons and light aircraft! 

Cheers,

WV908 

All is not Doom and gloom. We have TWO flights in to Edinburgh today! 😁😁😁😁!

Flight QR031 arrived from Doha at about 06.32 and, flight AF1486 is due from Paris at 08.46!

I'm so excited! I'm going to hobble out for my allowed daily exercise to see it.

Have things gotten so low, I'd get excited at the prospect of an Air France A320......! 🙄

Allan!

Edited by Albeback52

Most aircraft are flying completely without passengers and only fly freight even the pax planes!
For instance a United B787-10 took at least a freight load of 40 tonnes to Amsterdam last week....

Those aircraft that fly normally pax can use the seats as well an I have seen pictures that confirmed it...

cheers, Jan

On 3/31/2020 at 10:40 PM, noelh said:

Very quiet tonight over Europe, virtually everything in the air is a freighter. DHL, FedEx etc. 

They won't be grounded that's for sure. 

Every night at about 23:00 an HM Coast Guard Beech Super King Air has been leaving Doncaster Airport to operate a surveillance flight over the Straits of Dover.