1/48 - Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk (ex-Skunkmodels) by Kinetic - released

Homebee

Kinetic is to re-release in May 2020 its parent company Skunkmodels (link)1/48th Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk kit - ref. 48084

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/photos/a.150625411771245/1508702492630190

Box art

Pre-order at LM - https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48084

PI000000258357.jpg

90916041-1508702499296856-87580115915988

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

What...you want another Me-109?  Or F-35A?  At least this is different.  I'll warn you - in 1/48, it'll be a big model.  The actual aircraft has a 131 foot wingspan.

I could wish for an RQ-4A, there are more potential marking variants (all-white test aircraft, "tuxedo" gray-and-white initial deployment scheme, U.S. Navy dark gray scheme, and NASA all-white scheme).  And am eagerly awaiting a decent MQ-4C kit.

Cool - I built one of the first release and it's a decent kit :)

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

You may have to adjust or change the sensor layout a little as these things have a habit of changing over the time, but the airframe is still basically the same.

4 hours ago, mattcour said:

Was it desired so badly?? Lots of untouched interesting subjects requiring attention and you get this?

It's a re-release, so little effort expended.  I do wonder sometimes why disinterested people feel the need to comment to mention their disinterest :shrug:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Cool - I built one of the first release and it's a decent kit :)

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

You may have to adjust or change the sensor layout a little as these things have a habit of changing over the time, but the airframe is still basically the same.

I remember your build. You did a super nice job! Sorry I didn't have those walkarounds when you built it. But I don't really think you needed them.
I am still going to finish mine someday. Wanted to do the RQ-4B Block 20. It would seem I waited too long and now they have been upgraded to the EQ-4B BACN! 

10 hours ago, Mike said:

I do wonder sometimes why disinterested people feel the need to comment to mention their disinterest

I know right? See this all over (un)social media and other forums.

Cheers,

Alan

Edited by sinistervampire319
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

good to see it back!

wonder if some adjustments for other versions/ sensor packages will come in the future!

big? yes,.... but an interesting shape nonetheless!

May be going off-topic a bit but... Are there any decent references for this and other drones? I've got the first release and it's stalled as I can't find much about it that makes sense to me.

Ah 131ft wingspan that's the other reason it's not built yet :D Nice job on yours Mike

More than you might think.  The Platz RQ-4N (sic) kit completely misses the reshaping of the nose section.  A Triton has a significantly blunter nose (it was designed to house an anticollision radar), not to mention the EO/IR turret.  About the only change they got right on that kit is the radome for the search radar.

• Like 1