As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

stevehnz

Lock Down.

1 hour ago, RobL said:

Realise I'm not a frequent poster here, nor am I probably in good standing with people here, however may I chime in and ask that people consider those "at risk" who are also classed as extremely vulnerable.  The govt. have set up a web page for registering for help, which apparently will include food drops and (I think) your medication, if you need that sort of help - it is not necessarily related to income, it is more a matter of logistics, and I know lots of people quite possibly will need this help, including some fellow modellers.  I can post the link if anyone doesn't or cannot find it.  Another well known private subscription only site however has no community spirit and would rather bury their heads and not discuss anything but their own selfish modelling.  I will shortly be cancelling my subscription if they don't start doing their bit rather than just self promoting on youtube and stifling critical information sharing on their forum.

Apologies if that is not acceptable, very irate and extremely worried at this time, I will gladly retract this post.

Stay safe, stay well, and look after your fellow humans, do not allow anyone to fall by the wayside.

A good point well put. I've never lived in a big city (I thank my lucky stars for that) and there is still a sense of community where I do live so I am hopeful neighbours will still be doing the right thing by their fellow neighbours in this area. In the big cities though it must be easy to just 'disappear' from view and that must be really worrying for "at risk" people who live alone. I hope there are some selfless people who are able to watch out for others in those communities. Lack of medicine or food can just as easily see off someone at risk as the actual virus can.  

Duncan B

Day 2 of lockdown.  I'm glad most British homes don't have firearms, because after watching that mind-numbing saccharine "look what we can do to feel connected"  :poop:    I'm about ready to give the telly both barrels !

6 months is starting to look like a long, long time.....      

On 24/03/2020 at 10:32, IanHx said:

Day 1 of lockdown.   World war 3 has already erupted between the kids over who should be allowed to walk the dog ...  twice....

Makes a change from world war 3 over who has to take the dog for a walk then :D

Just now, JohnT said:

Makes a change from world war 3 over who has to take the dog for a walk then :D

I see you've been there, got the T-shirt and still had to walk the :dog: then...   :)

8 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Day 2 of lockdown.  I'm glad most British homes don't have firearms, because after watching that mind-numbing saccharine "look what we can do to feel connected"  :poop:    I'm about ready to give the telly both barrels !

kids in the family behind me been in the trampoline all day. If they are there through until september, my next door neighbour will probably be up for murder. He was not happy about the noise. He can't go to work or work from home. They screamed all last summer and that was bad enough.

Just now, IanHx said:

I see you've been there, got the T-shirt and still had to walk the :dog: then...   :)

Yup! Ever been on a muddy downhill slope when 2 large German Shepherds on leads spot 2 deer and decide to try a steeplechase ?  Not just T shirt but had starring role in the video too. Looked like an extra from All Quiet on the Western Front 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Just stay connected with anyone around you, look after your fellow humans, one way or another.

Mental health is very important, for everyone in situations such as this.

Personally I also find most of the advice on the TV and social media platforms annoying.  I can't stand "celebrities" and other people of means telling us what we can do to stay well in such times because it's usually quite easy for them given their wealth, however if you feel the need go and watch Stephen Fry's advice on dealing with the situation re. certain aspects of mental health, Stephen Fry is usually a man of wise words - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-51995797/coronavirus-stephen-fry-s-take-on-managing-anxiety

Sorry if that sounds preachy.  It's not going to be easy for most of us, especially those of least means (myself included), hopefully it won't be a long time, and I am very worried myself.

Edited by RobL
Clarification, spelling

I have picked out my attire for the next videoconference... :)

Blackadder.jpg

Posted (edited)

Just had a direct message on Twitter from Tesco, asking me to fill out a general survey on the satisfaction of the delivery I had yesterday (my fortnightly shop that I booked 2 weeks ago as usual).  Don't know where to start with how wrong that is.  For starters, the guy who bravely delivered the shopping was called Andy on his name tag, the survey says he was called Calum?!

What are they playing at?!

Edited by RobL

3 hours ago, RobL said:

Just had a direct message on Twitter from Tesco, asking me to fill out a general survey on the satisfaction of the delivery I had yesterday (my fortnightly shop that I booked 2 weeks ago as usual).  Don't know where to start with how wrong that is.  For starters, the guy who bravely delivered the shopping was called Andy on his name tag, the survey says he was called Calum?!

What are they playing at?!

Perhaps the next delivery guy's nametag will be Lord Lucan ?   :)

Names have been changed to protect the innocent....

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2020 at 1:36 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

There are teens here in the States that have taken up a new Social media challenge. The objective is to enter a grocery store. Then while there film yourself coughing on produce and putting it back in the display. When they're caught they have been arrested but not everyone is catching all of them. 

As per my original post...

https://apple.news/AtQzztajQTsOX73Gc8jgpHg

Some people ... :mental:

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, IanHx said:

So glad for You Tube, been catching up on the music from the 70s and 80s. There is some great music video channels on it and l can sing badly to it.

Regards

Robert

7 minutes ago, Robert said:

So glad for You Tube, been catching up on the music from the 70s.........

Regards

Robert

There was some good music in the 70's?!

Rick.

28 minutes ago, Rick Brown said:

Rick.

Led Zep !!!!

33 minutes ago, Rick Brown said:

Rick.

Loved the punk music from the late 70s.

Regards

Robert

9 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Led Zep !!!!

Good point, well made!

Rick.

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Loved the punk music from the late 70s.

Regards

Robert

Absolutely! 79 was a great year for music. So many new genres too. Listened to a chart from 79 last night, and most of it was classic stuff.

I have to say that until recently I would have said the 70's were not a good period for music. But last year I got a turntable and started re-building a collection of my favorite albums. To my surprise, the vast majority were released in the '70s. What I now realise is that the 70s was a great period of experimentation, so we got truly good and truly awful material - the awful stuff just distorts our view of the decade! 

Everyone tends to go for the 60s as a golden age, but to my mind artists didn't really have the creative freedom (and money!) to really flourish - with a couple of notable exceptions. During the 70s the artists were in greater control and having money thrown at them. It was an era of madness and excess. Things got a bit more sensible in the 80s, and ever more constrained since. 

Cheers,

Colin

2 hours ago, Robert said:

So glad for You Tube, been catching up on the music from the 70s and 80s. 

Music is a great distraction when there is nothing else...

17 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

Music is a great distraction when there is nothing else...

Amen! I'm planning on playing through the entire vinyl collection and see how long it takes. First album, Computer World, Kraftwerk. I've told myself I'm not even allowed to skip the howlers!

4 hours ago, Rick Brown said:

Rick.

ELO.

24 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

ELO.

E, L O. 

Weren't they a folk band from up in Lancashire back in the 70's?

40 minutes ago, Rick Brown said:

E, L O. 

Weren't they a folk band from up in Lancashire back in the 70's?

Reminds me of that Monty Python scene.

"So apart from Led Zep, punk, and ELO,   what have the 70's ever done for us ?  "   :)