As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

stevehnz

Lock Down.

2 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

What to do with the accumulating garden cuttings? The garden bin and composter are both full and show no signs of rotting away any time soon. Being the genius I undoubtedly am, I remembered that we have a brazier (normally used for getting rid of incriminating evidence), so I thought to lob it in that, mixed up with some cardboard and paper and set fire to it. All goes up nicely in flames and then stops shortly afterwards. All the cardboard and paper has combusted, but the cuttings are barely singed

I tried that a couple of years ago but the effects would've given your average Victorian a reason to moan about smog,the smoke was unbelievable so i doused it with a hose....

On 07/04/2020 at 19:20, noelh said:

There's a story to be told, fast jet, getting a lift? 

Isn’t that what fast jet pilots say the navigators are doing?

On 08/04/2020 at 02:55, Admiral Puff said:

Brings to mind a very old joke:
What do you call an officer with a map?
Lost.

What do you call an officer with a map and a GPS?

Completely lost.

I recall reading about an exchange between a Royal Marine and a Para in Stanley at the end of the Falklands unpleasantness. The young para was claiming bragging rights being the first into Port Stanley. The young marine replied that the paras has it easy, the marines had to overcome the most dangerous opposition known to any soldier or they would have beat the Paras to it. The para fell for it and asked what was it. “An officer with a map” came the reply

5 hours ago, BIG X said:

try 'new & exotic'

Kingston resident  had WENDY tattoo'd on it .. When it unravelled it read  WElcome to jamaica and have a Nice DaY .

Edited by bzn20

This afternoon, Sony movies was showing Groundhog Day.....

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Mr Kato Gets His Treat...

Whilst at ASDA today I managed to top up on cat treats for our neighbour's cat - Mr Kato

KATOG.jpg

Well as soon as he found out he was round like a flash & sitting patiently waiting for his reward.

KATOH.jpg

Madame X did the honours...

KATOI.jpg

KATOJ.jpg

KATOk.jpg

...so all is well with the world :lol:

STAY HOME - FEED THE NEIGHBOURS CAT - SAVE LIVES

21 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Groundhog Day

You said that yesterday

30 minutes ago, BIG X said:

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Mr Kato Gets His Treat...

KATOk.jpg

About time,looks as though he started to lose weight...

Couple of weeks ago or 3 we started bookshelf spotting . Talking heads on BBC New 24 , Al Jazira , RT , CNN and the French effort . One bloke had a dodgy 80s Click shelving with horizontal books , another full of Trotsky inspired stuff ( Guardian ). BBC woman in the US after 10 pm had BBC mugs , BBC world service giveaways , not arranged ...oh no . Martin Smith BBC , he who hops on the balls of his feet and pulls faces .. He had a photo of an RAF Pilot in the middle .. next day pilot gone.. Next day Globe added on extreme right ..next day Pilot is back and  next to globe.  Got IKEA Billy book cases in white ,black and wood shaped , Culture secretary had Billy's that don't meet , gap widens as it goes down .. SWMBO...There is no woman in his house …. I had to agree because I know what that means..... Add extra screws through side to pull them together, house goes quiet , she's subdued . Buddahs , candles and Lenin  , bookcase 101.

Bookcase 20/20 it's the new normal

This is happening ..pictures round the clock

Stay safe find an interest !!

Edited by bzn20

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Isn’t that what fast jet pilots say the navigators are doing?

I recall reading about an exchange between a Royal Marine and a Para in Stanley at the end of the Falklands unpleasantness. The young para was claiming bragging rights being the first into Port Stanley. The young marine replied that the paras has it easy, the marines had to overcome the most dangerous opposition known to any soldier or they would have beat the Paras to it. The para fell for it and asked what was it. “An officer with a map” came the reply

Did you hear you hear about the 2 Para Chaplain warning a group of paras not to mess around with an Argie weapons stash they found, specifically not to tuck pistols into their trouser waists as a marine had done so and blown the helmet off of his little German soldier resulting in his discharge from the military. When an unsuspecting paratrooper heard this from the mouth of the padre, he was justified in thinking it was a serious warning and asked why that necessitated the poor helmetless cabbagehead being sent to civvy street? “Because”, replied the straight faced man of god, “you need to be a complete d!(k to be a marine”.

1 hour ago, bzn20 said:

You said that yesterday

and the day before

@bzn20 Here in BBC North West land, we have a local weatherman called Owain. He films his daily updates from his garden. His monkey puzzle tree is quite the sensation.

Trevor

42 minutes ago, bootneck said:

spacer.png

So is this thread turning into a Pongos versus Jollies fest?

I approve! 

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

spacer.png

I think my late Dad would have enjoyed that

RM service 22/5/41 to 4/5/46
41 RM Commando 1942-45