2 hours ago, klr said:

I think I've enough to tide me over the next few months.

And yes, the kits go all the way to the back of the wardrobe, and yes, there's more elsewhere ...

Remind me to never challenge you to a game or Tetris...

Nice stash (or part thereof), btw!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, klr said:

I think I've enough to tide me over the next few months.

And yes, the kits go all the way to the back of the wardrobe, and yes, there's more elsewhere ...

IMG_20200324_112542_d_r_030.jpg

I know the feeling. I have a large wardrobe - 4 doors - only one opens up to clothes :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, hairystick said:

Remind me to never challenge you to a game or Tetris...

Nice stash (or part thereof), btw!

Damn, I'd never thought of it that way.😁

I've been playing Tetris since shortly after it arrived in Western Europe, in the late 1980s - I was at university at the time. Maybe if I had not encountered it and certain other computer games (not looking at you, Minesweeper), I might have built more kits in the interim.

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

I know the feeling. I have a large wardrobe - 4 doors - only one opens up to clothes :blush:

It sounds like you have the exact same amount of wardrobe capacity that I have. Behind another door, the bottom half has more of the stash, the top half is boxes of built kits. And then there's more space beneath the beds ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a good one tonight. Just gone 9, and I get a text from a Polish woman who I have not heard from for over 4 years. She needs to get to the airport, do I still do the run? I had to point out that it was not possible. Not an essential journey. This was accepted ok. (not like there are still trains running)

Now......her hometown is Bydgoszcz, and she flies from Stanstead, although she did not specify which airport she wanted.

Both Squeezy Jet and Paddy Air are grounded, and there are no flights to BDZ. 

Some people just don't get it. :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, bootneck said:

That's good to hear Chris, can I just ask.......  which Christmas is that for?

:giggle:

Mike

Why Mike? Would you like to swap your year for mine by any chance?? 😁

8 hours ago, klr said:

It sounds like you have the exact same amount of wardrobe capacity that I have. Behind another door, the bottom half has more of the stash, the top half is boxes of built kits. And then there's more space beneath the beds ...

Oh No! I hadn't thought of all that space under the beds?! [...checks credit card... prepares to launch eBay...in 5... 4... 3...] Oh no! What have you unleashed!!!!

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I had a good one tonight. Just gone 9, and I get a text from a Polish woman who I have not heard from for over 4 years. She needs to get to the airport, do I still do the run? I had to point out that it was not possible. Not an essential journey. This was accepted ok. (not like there are still trains running)

Now......her hometown is Bydgoszcz, and she flies from Stanstead, although she did not specify which airport she wanted.

Both Squeezy Jet and Paddy Air are grounded, and there are no flights to BDZ. 

Some people just don't get it. :shrug:

I does amaze me just how far peoples heads can be inserted in places where they shouldn’t. Last week I had a manager in Canada asking for field support to an aircraft MRO in Spain. He quickly went quiet when it was pointed out that Spain has closed all hotels, restaurants and shops so just where was our field engineer supposed to eat and sleep. Not to mention how they would gain access to a country with virtually closed borders; a country in which 456 citizens had died with covid-19 the day before. 
Haven’t  heard a peep from the berk since. 

• Sad 1

Mini-rant time (sorry)

I work as an HGV driver (key worker) for a major delivery company (damn, key worker twice over!) so we are all working at the moment.

Our parcel numbers are now back at peak (christmas) levels and we're trying to run a service with less staff and couriers than we need due to self-isolating.

I actually delivered some customer parcels last week to help out. 

I was subject to quite a lot of verbal from a woman because she had been waiting so long for her parcel. 

It was clothing.....

Where was she going to wear it? a party? the Grand National?

Also had one shouting at me to go away because I will (not might, will) infect them! 

Please be nice (from a safe distance) to ANYONE that is still working. We are doing our best to provide a service in very difficult circumstances.

Rant over. Thank you for your patience.

Mind you, its nice driving my lorry on all these empty roads 😄

• Like 22

Mind you, its nice driving my lorry on all these empty roads

Oh yeah. The trip to work takes me less than half the time, though it is a bit....strange.

• Like 1

I had planned to sell 120 kits this year and had moved them into my living room ready. Somehow things have gone haywire since I caught the Coronavirus and I haven't got round to selling any yet as I don't want to pass the infection onto anybody else.

Seeing as I have been unable to sell, I have been buying a lot instead. So far this year those purchases number 220 kits! This is the problem with living on my own and nobody to answer to - there is no deterrent!

Dave

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
On 03/04/2020 at 23:13, noelh said:

The Germans from an article I read recently are inveterate tourists. They just love to travel apparently. There's a German word for it apparently. 

There's a German word for everything really. 

Any German members out there to tell us the word? 

I think the word is wanderlust :)

Cheers, Moggy

Edited by Moggy
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Mind you, its nice driving my lorry on all these empty roads.

I remember that feeling well from when I used to drive on the French motorways (Frans Maas).

John.

Heard stashed kit boxes must not be piled up vertically or on their sides for long, anyone? Especially with room temperature shifts and parts still attached to the sprues. :hmmm:This is why my stash takes so much space. 

53 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Heard stashed kit boxes must not be piled up vertically or on their sides for long, anyone? Especially with room temperature shifts and parts still attached to the sprues. :hmmm:This is why my stash takes so much space. 

Not heard of that before. Many of mine have been stashed in such positions for years and inspection has found them to be fine. I guess it depends on the temperature and other conditions. It's generally been relatively cool-mild and stable in all of the places I've kept mine.

Most astonishing thing about this lockdown is that I've actually been doing some model making for the first time in yonks. Working on the seats for the office of a Tornado IDS I've started to build. Hoping to airbrush later or tomorrow. :)

• Like 3

I had a parcel delivered by Amazon today with a bottle of Jim Beam in it, and the bloke insisted I show him my ID, so I had to lean toward him holding my drivers license at arm's length, probably within 75cm of his face so he could read it :doh:  It's not like I don't look over 18 fer gawd's sake!  Sort it out Amazon :fraidnot:

• Like 2
Just now, Mike said:

I had a parcel delivered by Amazon today with a bottle of Jim Beam in it, and the bloke insisted I show him my ID, so I had to lean toward him holding my drivers license at arm's length, probably within 75cm of his face so he could read it :doh:  It's not like I don't look over 18 fer gawd's sake!  Sort it out Amazon :fraidnot:

Have to say I had the opposite experience, with the masked Amazon driver delivering my emergency supplies straight to my bunker like a Special Forces pro. Saved me from having to run the blockade in my Tentative IV (Vauxhall Corsa).

IMG_2115

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

IMG_2115

How do you get those to stop bobbing around in the hot water?  I've never managed to figure it out, so I stick to instant :)

• Haha 3
Just now, Mike said:

How do you get those to stop bobbing around in the hot water?  I've never managed to figure it out, so I stick to instant :)

You need to use a hammer. Its the only way to kill them. Read the instructions!

• Haha 3
26 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

Many of mine have been stashed in such positions for years and inspection has found them to be fine. I guess it depends on the temperature and other conditions.

Yeh, but it's when you cut main, large halves off the sprues after having had kit boxes stashed other than horizontally when you find warpages and twists on 'em, I was told. I heard humidity also plays a factor in the distorting of parts.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

I had a parcel delivered by Amazon today with a bottle of Jim Beam in it, and the bloke insisted I show him my ID, so I had to lean toward him holding my drivers license at arm's length, probably within 75cm of his face so he could read it :doh:  

Noooo, Mike! You ought to have tossed the bloke yer ID as if it had been a playing card.

Yeh, you ought to...

Cheers,

Unc2 

Just now, Nocoolname said:

You need to use a hammer. Its the only way to kill them. Read the instructions!

Ahah! I bought Caz a rock hammer for discipling the Boy recently, so I might use that. :yes:

Just now, Uncle Uncool said:

Noooo, Mike! You ought to have tossed the bloke yer ID as if it had been a playing card.

...and then had to wait 24 hours to touch it myself for fear of infection :zombie:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Mike said:

...and then had to wait 24 hours to touch it myself for fear of infection :zombie:

Not if you've got a solution of either 70/30 % methyl alcohol to tap water or 30/70% bleach to tap water in a sprinkler sitting near the entrance door. I sprinkle even the postmen in their faces. :lol:

Yeh, me does...

Cheers,

Unc2

19 minutes ago, noelh said:

Boris now in hospital. No politics. This is not good. 

He has been looking increasingly rough in photos and video released since it was announced he had symptoms , scarey.

As I said previously. It can affect anyone.

Stay safe everyone.

Trevor

• Greg B locked this topic