As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mark CP

Which glue?

I'm just getting back in to modelling and wondered what the best glue is for plastic models? I used to use super glue but never liked how brittle it became so i'm looking for a new one 😉

I use a number of glues for building models, for main assembly Tamiya Extra Thin cement (TET) is quite popular, available able from most good model outlets. Also I use old fashion tube poly cement and Tamiya cement for basic construction as well as super glue for various detailed parts and PE(not suitable for clear parts) and PVA for clear parts.   

HTH

Hi,

I think you will find Tamiya’s range of liquid cements are very widely used and excellent. Keep some superglue on-hand for photo-etched parts.

Something fluid and fast drying (Tamiya Extra Thin or Mr. Cement S) for small parts and for capillary action. Something viscous and slow drying (Revell Contacta Pro) for large areas. Clear glue (anything that doesn't damage plexiglass) for windows/canopies/lights.

Hi all, 

this mimics a question I was going to post but as related to resin. I am used to small resin parts and using superglue but how about for full resin builds? What is best. And then hat about the best filler for the same?

Thanks a lot,

Martin

Almost all fillers that work with plastic work with resin, too. For Glueing a slow curing Superglue with baking soda works well. This also works nicely for filling. 2K-Glues also work well.

You are probably aware you need to clean resin parts to get rid of release agents from the casting process.