Erich Hartmann's Ta 183 (Academy 1:48)

Fantastic build and a very interesting plane.  Even though this specific plane never flew you can see how influential it was in the design of so many other early jet aircraft that appeared shortly after the war.  I am not a big Luft 46 fan but this plane specifically seems to deserve a place in a collection of early jets.  Great job and thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RadMax8 said:

Is the paint even dry on this one? Looks great from my seat, I’d love to build one of these. 

Thanks for sharing!

Yes! The paint dried very quickly here, the weather was warm and there was little humidity.

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I do like this, even though I'm not a great fan of Luft46, its a model I'm keen to lay hands on, probably the PM one in 1/72, seeing this. I might even need two of them. :)

Steve.

The PM one is really basic. Give this 1:48 model a try, it's a great kit!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Fantastic build and a very interesting plane.  Even though this specific plane never flew you can see how influential it was in the design of so many other early jet aircraft that appeared shortly after the war.  I am not a big Luft 46 fan but this plane specifically seems to deserve a place in a collection of early jets.  Great job and thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I actually bought two, and made the first one as an Argentinian machine, since Kurt Tank escaped to Argentina with the Ta 183's plans and built there the Pulqui 2.

• Like 2