MiG-15bis 1\48 TAMIYA

Hi Folks. I want introduce just finished model MiG-15bis 1\48 from TAMIYA.  This model was build under impression from book about Korean War "Soviet aces in Korean war". Soviet pilot: Mihin M. I. ,may 1953 ,airfild Myaogou ,North Korea.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 36

Outstanding Mig-15!!!!!  I like the camouflage pattern as a change over the typical natural metal finished types that were prominent over the Korean Peninsula. :clap2:

Mike

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Very nice job on this kit, love the scheme.  I also like the little insulator you put on the antenna wire and would love to know how you did that, it looks perfect!

The insulator was made of a stick from Chupa Chups. The stick was heated above the flame of the lighter, and was stretched to the desired thickness. After that, a piece of the desired length was cut off and dressed on the antenna wire.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 8:25 AM, Michael-S said:

The insulator was made of a stick from Chupa Chups.

I have always known that having a sweet tooth would come in handy one day! You are the living proof I was right!!!

Absolutely beautiful MiG-15!

Congrats!!!

JR

• Thanks 1