KISS - Destroyer

Ollie30

Decided to drag these guy`s out of the stash as we are on lock down. Been meaning to do something with them for some time now so the plan is to build a suitable diorama for them to live on, the rocks they stand on will be discarded but for now they act as stands for painting. I have left the hands off as i plan to create some scratch guitars and i may have to swap and change some of them in order to incorporate them later, i`m also gonna take this opportunity to create some home made decals which i have never done before so if anyone has any recommendations for decal paper that would be good. Finished filling gaps with Vallejo plastic putty and once that`s dried i will do the first sanding and re fill any gaps missed then hopefully into the booth for an undercoat.

Thanks for looking.

20200322_131600

20200322_131514

20200322_125841

20200322_124843

20200322_124834

• Like 5

Bit more progress, used Vellejo metallic gunmetal mixed with metal medium to create a super metallic, can`t really see the effect in the photo but it really pop`s

20200331_160222

Edited by Ollie30
  • Like 2

Today we move a step further, for Ace i wanted a more spacey type finish so i used Vellejo Metallic Aluminium mixed with a little metal medium to lighten and also make the colour more pearlesent. Still loads of detailing to add before finish, tomorrow it`s the drummers turn.

20200401_152403

• Like 1

Peter Criss now almost done, used Vallejo Steel metallic this time just to give each model a slightly different tone. Once shading and weathering is done they should look well.

20200403_172557

• Like 1

Not a good day today, spent most of it painting the sequins which drove me crackers then ruined it with a poor attempt at a hairy chest lol. Back in the paint booth tomorrow for a wax.

20200404_160613

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...