Hawker Hunter FGA.9, 1/32 Revell

Hi again,

Quarantine Queen #2 is finished! Rescued from the Shelf of Doom after a two-year wait, here's Revell's wonderful 1/32 Hunter without any extras other than seatbelts made from Tamiya tape.

tn_IMG_20200319_123743 tn_IMG_20200319_123643 tn_IMG_20200319_123757

Painted with Xtracrylix Dark Green and Dark Sea Grey with the underside in AK Extreme Metal Steel. The original application of AK metaliser is the reason this build was originally abandoned - when I masked it to apply the camouflage, the adhesive from the tape merged with the paint to create a sticky horrible mess that wouldn't come off. When I resurrected it a couple of weeks ago, I managed to remove it using cellulose thinners and cotton buds without damaging the underlying plastic. After that, I was able to finish it.

tn_IMG_20200319_123838 tn_IMG_20200319_124014

All the decals were from the kit (including the many, many stencils) and a Revell first for me - they reacted very well to MicroSet/Sol and didn't silver.

tn_IMG_20200319_124254 tn_IMG_20200319_124348

This was by miles the best Revell big scale jet I've made, and I've tried most of them. Amazing value at just £14.99 in a sale. It went together beautifully, very nice surface details, and really captures the sleek shape of this iconic British fighter.

The second build I've finished since the flu began, should think there's a couple more before normal life returns...

Thanks for looking in,

Alan

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

Thanks everyone 👍 gotta love a Hunter 😇

5 hours ago, gareth said:

can you remember what colour you used on the "Humps" that go on top of the upper wing roundel ?

I mixed it using whatever blues I had, they were brush painted. 

Thanks again, guys 👍

Excellent result. I think I paid the same for mine in a sale, as you say very good value for money. I may have to dig it out of the stash now though.

• Like 1

I too have that kit and your wonderful build is all the encouragement I need to get on with building it.  Many thanks!

• Thanks 1

Lovely paint finish on that beauty 😍

And I agree with you, it is an absolute superb kit, one of my favourite ever.  Gorgeous subject, great fit, good detail, and at a dirt cheap price.  All it needs is a resin bang seat and you're good to go.  Alas, mine has been trashed 3 times, once by a house move and twice by two different cats.  I haven't the heart to restore it again..... :(

• Sad 1

Thanks very much, high praise indeed from some of my modelling heroes 😉

5 hours ago, F-32 said:

Lovely work, got one in the stash that I might dig out!

Do it! 

17 minutes ago, Nev said:

Alas, mine has been trashed 3 times, once by a house move and twice by two different cats.  I haven't the heart to restore it again..... :(

Do it! 😁

Cheers, Alan 

38 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Do it! 😁

Cheers, Alan 

I don't think I've got all bits for it anymore after the most recent feline intervention.  Flaps, wheels, canopy, legs.....everything was broken off, even the wings, and I was unable to retrieve all the wreckage from the crash site.....

• Sad 1

Wow, that's really bad. I had kids to do that for me earlier in life but generally I trash all my models by either sending them through the post or moving house...