SB2C-4 Helldiver 1/48

thepureness

Hi everyone

I've not taken part in a group build for sometime and I've just started a kit today. The old Revell/Monogram Pro Modeler 1/48 SB2C-4 Helldiver. 

I've just seen this GB and it falls right in to the category, so I'm going to share it with everyone here :)

So far today I've painted the interior of the fuselages and the wheel bays for the undercarriage. I do need to highlight the interior green as it is a little dark at the moment.

I picked the kit up off someone on the sell/buy forums here but unfortunately the etched fret was missing, which included the dive brakes.  But I've able to replace those with the eduard etched set.

The eduard set required me to cut a good chunk off the wings in order to be placed in place. It is the first time i've ever had to perform such drastic surgery to a kit. 

I'll keep posting as I go

vIOSdRoQ3sKEjTG12AkBdtwB4JcWFmACJvpCTWQ0 

OItn0WuE9bkf3XCAEcb1PAB0scWZfrKCEpam5c1Y

WQ3SLSda5P8PWRl_an2S3eUZzZJSzEAluemvZrrA

Edited by thepureness
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for having me here Rob.

So, some updated on the build here,

Using the Eduard interior set I've added detail to the cockpit and pretty much now completed the interior excluding the rear gunner's seat and gun. 

H55z3jpzSIHcRzO0rKjuXkorUebhVhBeGiyVvYL4

WM_0b_xP0Ijlt2gcTNExAlcdM4bOo1_RPsIK90BR

kLRnGhqqtyYp9E15IJhcV0v2b1EYuGomYCMEA_Rt

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I don't think this'll be completed in time. Just had to work on a magazine article and kids home from school. So sad 

• Sad 1