Su-15 Flagon F

Greetings to all,

As we all find ourselves in a unique position, it is my expressed and sincere hope that everyone here remain safe and sound for both yourselves and your respective families and friends.  Life is going to be very different for all of us.  Let`s turn lemons that we have been given into lemonade together.  Lord knows, I`ve got plenty of unbuilt kits that are requiring my attention.  

I completed this kit a few years back and am now just getting around to posting pictures of it.  Here are a list of highlights..........

1. Straightforward build process with few issues of fit of parts.

2. I guessed at the specific colors from what I had “in stock” via the included instruction sheet, books, and internet sources.

3. Built straight out of the box with no aftermarket extras.

4. Weathering and detailing done with pencils, washes, paint, and chalk pastels.

I would recommend this kit to all that have an interest in Cold War era Soviet combat aircraft.  As always, all comments and criticisms are most welcomed. 

With much respect,

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 36

Something has gone amiss, (might be my computer) but all I an see is little gray boxes that reads "spacer png".  Then again I live in Utah things move differently here.

Todd

Edited by Todders
spelling

Hi Todd.  I did a double check and everything appeared as normal on my end ( at least ).  I too, have experienced those pesky “gray boxes” as well when viewing other posted subjects only to have the pictures appear after a brief pause.  

Mike

I have the pics, and it looks good.  This model lurks in my stash and every now and then I buy another bit of aftermarket for it.  Whi knows, maybe one day it will get built.  Yours is certainly inspirational.

• Thanks 1

To all and to those I may miss later.............THANK YOU for the wonderful comments!!!!!!!  I remain humbled by your words of encouragement and support.  

It is comforting to know that there are great many people out there doing wonders for all of us.  With the new friendships that I have developed via this website, I am hopeful that sunny days are right around the corner for all of us.  

With grateful appreciation!!!!!

Mike

• Like 1

I love these old Cold War Russian jets and living and working in the Baltic States has renewed my interest.

You have done a great job with the Trumpeter kit.....though I'm not sure if I prefer the Su-15 in natural metal or the camouflage scheme as you have portrayed.

Here is a n/m ex-Ukrainian Air Force example, which resides in a private museum in Lithuania, photographed in more relaxed times.

fullsizeoutput_eaa

Great build on your own Su-15

Well Done' Sir !

....and Stay Safe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cracking build.  Such a brutal looking beast of an aircraft.  The kind of plane that would literally beat the air into submission just to get airborne....!!!

• Thanks 1

Nice Flagon Sky Keg!

On 3/23/2020 at 4:04 AM, Eric Mc said:

Is that the Flagon with the dragon - or the vessel with the pestle?

Or a Brewer that is Truer!

There is a pub called the Palace Hotel in Camberwell (Melbourne) - now shut because of the virus :(... and yes the call on a Friday after work often is (or was... for now) "A chalice at the Palace? " . Yep we are of that age!

Stay safe everyone 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pinback said:

Nice Flagon Sky Keg!

Or a Brewer that is Truer!

There is a pub called the Palace Hotel in Camberwell (Melbourne) - now shut because of the virus :(... and yes the call on a Friday after work often is (or was... for now) "A chalice at the Palace? " . Yep we are of that age!

Stay safe everyone 

It's rare to find another Danny Kaye fan in this day and age -

Edited by Eric Mc
  • Haha 1