Barn Find

Hi All

Not posted for a while as my time has been taken up with non-model making stuff. I have finally managed to finish something.

Photos are further down.

Edited by RichM
  • Like 4

Hi Rich,

Many of us used Photof****t to host our photos until they did the dirty on us and kidnapped them all. Judging by the blurriness it looks like its not worth paying the ransom! Still, we can see you've done a fantastic job, with lots of micro-detailing.  Any chance of changing to another hosting site so we can study your work in pristine 'condition'?

There are many good free sites. I use Imgur which is my third hosting site after the Photo*****t scandal, and another site called 'hostingpics' which closed down. 

Rearguards,

Badder

Although I can't see most of the photos, the ones that I can look amazing.

I would agree with Badder (and virtually every one else these days) PB is rubbish as a host. There are plenty more that are much, much more suitable:

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the better photos. Now we can see everything in all its glory. I had my suspicions, but the new photos confirmed it. I've seen some of your work before.

I hope you've forgotten about this, but you may remember I expressed a bit of concern over some PE creepers/vines on another  'workshop' diorama you did a few years ago? As a diorama builder myself I find it fascinating to see the work of others.  I first look at the overall composition and get a feel of the thing , But sometimes, something immediately leaps out at me as being 'wrong' and instead of 'browsing' the 'whole',  my eyes get drawn to the 'wrong'  thing as I figure out why it looks wrong. And that then delays the looking at everything 'good'.  This shouldn't happen (in my opinion) I should be able to 'browse' all components and think 'yep, yep, yep' and THEN look at them all again in closer detail. So, I'm glad to see you've not used those PE vines, or similar, again. The plants you have made look spot on this time and add to the diorama, rather than detract.

So what you've made here is something truly astounding. I know how much work it takes to scratch-build a building in perfect detail. Just planning the layout, structure and the architectural features must have taken you ages As for how long it took you to build it? I'm guessing a year? I'm pretty sure that roof is built in its entirety, with rafters and beams all in place underneath those tiles, which themselves were all 'hand made' and fixed in place one by one. I know how hard that is too! I could spend hours and hours just studying all the 'clutter filling the shelves and laying around the place. it's all simply brilliant and I can't fault a single thing (you'll be glad to read!) 😁

Rearguards,

Badder 

• Like 1

Fantastic work, it's like a good painting where you can spend hours trying to spot all of the tiny details which the artist has used to help bring the scene to life.

Perhaps the one missing item is the TV film crew and over enthusiastic/knowledgeable (delete as appropriate) presenter which seem to follow so many car restoration projects these days.

Edited by Richard E
  • Haha 2

On 3/23/2020 at 9:52 AM, stevehnz said:

Just brilliant. Reckon they'll have more trouble getting it out than the original owner had getting it in there. :)

Steve.

If the bloke on the phone was a bit shorter and tubbier i'd say he was calling Edd China....Great looking dio RichM,absolutely lovely....

• Haha 1