Virus Build...1/48 Classic Airframes P-51H

Greetings All

Why Virus Build...Started 1 March-Completed 21 March 2020

On Virus Lockdown, Shut-in, Hibernation, Self exile  ,quarantine... etc etc etc

Classic Airframes Kit . Decals provide by Al Grimm (Thank You Sir)

Mostly Out of Box added Albion alloys tubes for Guns. Clear sprue and painted bulbs for wing formation lights(ended up being best part of build)

spacer.png

This Aircraft was flown by the Pittsburgh Squadron of the PA Air National Guard in 1954(year I was Born. Freehand Paint mix with Tamiya Rattle can Bright red and Tamiya Rattle canYellow..Decanted ,Mixed,Sprayed. GX 100  Clear coat ...Final coat Mr Hobby Spray Semi -Gloss..Decanted and Sprayed.

spacer.png

I believe this was used as a Target Tug during William Tell in that Year. 

spacer.png

Hard to find Photos of P-51H aircraft with extra tanks. I figured this Aircraft would need them for flying to Gunnery Exercise 

spacer.png

Thanks for Looking 

Comments always Welcome

On to next project

Cheers

Bill

• Like 28

Absolutely a beautiful job!  Great job on something we don't see much, a Classic Airframe kit.  I have several in the stash (although not their P-51) I should take a close look and bring to the workbench.  Stay safe and healthy.

19 hours ago, Nachtwulf said:

That looks amazing! I may have to build that color scheme!  Isn't the prop supposed to turn the other way? Excellent job!:worthy:

I'm not sure..Props were assembled straight from box...ton of effort to align. (maybe a reverse option🤔 )

Thanks All for Positive feedback

Bill

Edited by Wdedig
update

That looks superb.  The canopy is beautifully clear and shiney, like the real thing.  An interesting scheme this.  Most of the ones I've seen were in natural metal, albeit with very fancy additional markings.  This scheme certainly does nothing to detract fromm the sleekness of the type. 

It looks great Bill!!!  It`s amazing how much “quicker” our respective projects will progress now that we have the time available. 

Best regards,

Mike