Eduard Fokker DRI - 1:48 in classic red

As promised in the WIP, here are a few impressions of the classic airframe of Richthofen's DRI, as I felt to have the duty to build once as an adult. So: check on this!

I tried to give this a darker red, as usually can be seen on the pictures, which turned out fine, but totally failed to get this in the pictures. Also, as today is quite a dizzy day here in Vienna, I had to use a flash on most of the photos, so this counts as well.

I did this almost 100% out of the box, only added two anchor points from Gaspatch, and used EZ line for rigging. Build was - as I see it now with a little distance - fine, only mounting the upper wing was a bit of a challenge, but this been mostly my fault, and the landing gear, which seems to be a bit to high, which can be fixed easily (and done better than I did).

So, here's a few pictures:

38109101rj.jpg

38109122cz.jpg

38109132lc.jpg

38109135ku.jpg

38109137jb.jpg

38109138fe.jpg

38109142oq.jpg

38109148lm.jpg

38109149gn.jpg

38109152nq.jpg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful DRI! And that top, cross-light photo is a stunner.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks, Joachim, this has become a bit of a signature shot, as on afternoon the light is just perfect and reflection on the glass table comes nice.

But glad you've noticed! 😉

Thanks for the nice reply, I've heard that Snoopy is happy, too! 😉

38116792js.jpg

Btw: "little" build is correct for this, the DR1 is really a small plane, here compared to the others in my little circus:

38116815cy.jpg

So, now on for the next...