Academy 1/48 Hunter FGA.9 Tail correction

MarkSH

Afternoon all,

Probably a well discussed subject and apologies if it is, but I'm just about to start another long term stash resident and am hoping for some ideas on a homegrown fix for the jet exhaust size/shape issues.

I seem to remember seeing someone, somewhere doing a modification to the kit parts or did I dream it, anyway I'm struggling to find it again, I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in the direction of the thread or alternatively any information on the process.

MTIA

Mark.

I think the Academy may well be the same mould as the Italeri Hunter, though I could be wrong?

I modified the tail section and rear fuselage for it in this WIP and got lots of good advice: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MarkSH said:

I seem to remember seeing someone, somewhere doing a modification to the kit parts or did I dream it, anyway I'm struggling to find it again, I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in the direction of the thread or alternatively any information on the process.

Was it this one referenced in Lord Riot's thread above? He does a homemade fix for the tailcone (though it is the F6) 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Alan P I think that was the thread I had in mind, I just got confused over which mark it was. The fix is essentially the same and the other information will be useful so thanks for the link.

Cheers,

Mark.

22 minutes ago, MarkSH said:

Thanks @Alan P I think that was the thread I had in mind, I just got confused over which mark it was. The fix is essentially the same and the other information will be useful so thanks for the link.

Cheers,

Mark.

Cheers, and credit to @Lord Riot, all I did was connect the dots 😇