DH Devon by Amodel

Folkbox1

AModel kits are generally good. My only gripe about them is that they tend to have a LOT of parts, many of them small. Things like flap track fairings or control surface hinge covers, for example, that would be integrally molded on a wing or horizontal stabilizer on a "mainstream" kit, are usually found as separate parts on an AModel kit. A good set of tweezers and steady hands are necessary.

On 20/03/2020 at 20:10, Space Ranger said:

AModel kits are generally good. My only gripe about them is that they tend to have a LOT of parts, many of them small. Things like flap track fairings or control surface hinge covers, for example, that would be integrally molded on a wing or horizontal stabilizer on a "mainstream" kit, are usually found as separate parts on an AModel kit. A good set of tweezers and steady hands are necessary.

The Dove does not suffer form that and has a relatively basic parts count. However, the Air Graphic interior, nacelles and U/C are great additions, that will really lift it to the next level.

I intend to build two, the Severn Airways and the JCB liveried machines.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

On 3/21/2020 at 9:13 AM, The Tomohawk Kid said:

The Dove does not suffer form that and has a relatively basic parts count. However, the Air Graphic interior, nacelles and U/C are great additions, that will really lift it to the next level.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to add those Air Graphics parts to my want list!

Also in 1/72-town is the Rareplanes vac-form. That and the A-Model are both good kits but of course the vac is a lot more work

There is also a Welsh Models one in 1/144. 

There have also been a couple of resins in 1/72 and a 1/48 one. But the A-Model one is the most mainstream offer these days.

have to say that the Dove/Devon is one of the best Amodel kits I have built. Its a great little kit with lots of detail, my one comment would be that  it really begs to have an interior as its very visible.  The parts fit is exceptional for an Amodel kit

43212459565_13b220e1f4_b.jpgIMG_6431 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

30251105478_e37928762f_b.jpgIMG_6434 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

Edited by follasha
  • Like 4

Hi,  Also worth remembering that the port Horizontal surface is squared of on dove 8's where as the Stb on is round as in the kit.

Edited by les