Airfix Bristol Bulldog.***finished******

stevej60

Morning folk's,I could have sworn I'd started a thread for this on Monday but can't find it.Anyway KK have a few of these at £5:99 so as it's got a Swedish

option and I've never built one here we go.I was very suprised on opening the box as I'd seen this kit in the range since the poly bag days but it's a really

nice piece of molding especially the engine,lovely soft gray plastic and a great decal sheet.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Another fine subject choice Steve. I wonder if these moulds have weathered well through the years due to being a less commonly released subject :hmmm:

4 hours ago, Col. said:

Another fine subject choice Steve. I wonder if these moulds have weathered well through the years due to being a less commonly released subject :hmmm:

Well they look great close up Col.

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Well they look great close up Col.

I've an early blister-pack release in my stash that needs some attention and it was certainly a well-moulded kit back then so glad to hear it has survived.

Hello Steve as I'm building the same exact kit. I can say the molds did hold up well, other than the Known propeller flub Airfix made. It turns the correct way but if memory serves it is shaped backwards. Lets hope your cabane struts hold up better and align easier than mine. I wound up using plastic strip for them in the end. 

Dennis

haven't I seen you around here already!!!  :blink:

I must have a severe case of deja-vu now......like for 6th or 7th time??  I think you've officially become and honouree Nordic person now! :D  Although knowing the Vikings excursion trips I bet a fair few of you lot over there have distant links to that area!!! :whistle:

Anyway offtrack as usual.......a nice wee choice you're made, will look good in the NMF (Natural Metal & Fabric :D) finish.

Hopefully you won't have the same trouble as poor old Dennis did.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That looks great Steve.  IIRC the Bulldog was one of Airfix's later kits (by my childhood standards!), and that certainly seems to be reflected in the mouldings.

Cheers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Col. said:

Tidy progress Steve. How is it all fitting together?

Faultless Col the struts wheel assemble etc slotted in beautifully.

• Thanks 1

Nicely done Steve, I do like the Bulldog, I have the old Pyro re-box of the 1/48 Inpact kit and am really looking forward to hopefully doing it for the proposed Bristol Aircraft GB. Your's is looking very tidy.

• Like 1

That is a lovely build Steve, should look great when you get the rigging on. I am waiting one of these to arrive in the post, I hope mine looks as sharp when finished.

• Like 1

Morning all,done as much rigging as needed to give her a busy look so here she is basking in the early morning Swedish sunrise! Gallery ASAP but now

need to go feed the Nation.

20200509_112656

• Like 4

Well done Mate!!!! You've broken the gallery.......well we'll blame you anyway!!! :D

You've set the record and standard for GB's to come, what an amazing array of wonderful builds!!

I really don't have to say if you enjoyed this GB or not, the builds speak for themselves!:thumbsup:

It's been so wonderful that you joined this GB and participated like you have! :worthy:

I do hope you will join us for "Ragnar's European Tour".....part 2 of this Nordic build crazy fest? :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I do hope you will join us for "Ragnar's European Tour".....part 2 of this Nordic build crazy fest?

Many thank's Rich and well done for a superb GB and yes I'm up for another bout, I have a load of Finnish subjects I'd like to tackle!

20 hours ago, Col. said:

Tidy result Steve :goodjob:

Thank's Col for popping in on all my subject's too,what a great GB we've had.