De Turenne Nieuport 11 from the kit Eduard 1/48

Congratulations Olivier, superb work and really something to look at. Would you please post a link to RFI in this thread? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Jeroen,

Thanks a lot my friend, and sure, I will post the link, as soon as possible.

I have just done the pics. Here is, dedicated you, who encouraged me as in the Ford Mustang, as in this Nieuport 11 project, one of my favorites:

spacer.png

The model is placed on a round mirror, as it will be (on a motorized tray) in my dental cabinet (that begins to turn model expo 😄).

Cheers, 

Olivier

• Like 3

Veeery nice! Ah yes, that Mustang... I had forgotten about that one... NOT! I'd love to see you return to it 🙂 

• Like 2

Many many thanks, Jeff!

As I ever said, your kind encouragements, with some other ones (RichieW, JeroenS, limeypilot, FPDP in particular) have feeded my will up to the end, and I am grateful to you for that. 

Cheers

Olivier

• Like 1

Where do you expose your models?

Personally, they are exposed in my dental clinic, and mainly in the waiting room. It is there that the Nieuport will take place. But sometimes I change...

spacer.png

N.B: these 3 models (Nieuport 11, P-51D "Missouri Armada" and Yak 3) are directly inspired by Juan Manuel Villalba. I made the translation of the subtitles into french for the great JMV DVD dedicated to his P-51 build. The Yak 3 and the Nieuport 11 builds are very well explained and beautifully shot in his "Guide du maquettisme aéronautique".

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

N.B: no books, no newspapers in my waiting room because of the Covid-19, my patients have currently no choice, they just can look at my models

But in fact, there is only 1 chair for now, for the same reasons, and yet, when possible, we avoid to install them in the waiting room, they go directly in the torture room  

spacer.png

N.B: I wrote an article in Tamiya Model Magazine (french ed.) about the Chevy Bel Air 1:25 build

Problem: where the next models will take place? especially the quite big 1/16 Ford Mustang 1964?

This WIP thread is now over, thanks again, happy modeling and take care!

Olivier

• Like 3

That's very nice Olivier, I especially like the round column with the Mini at the bottom. I have my completed models in separate cases but I'm still thinking about a cabinet and where to place it! We don't have much space left and they're not allowed in the living room!

Maybe I should open a dental clinic, it seems like a very good place to store them 🙂 

• Haha 2

Very funny, your message, Jeroen!

Like for you, my models are «non grata » in the living-room... and even in the whole house, except, at a pinch, in the garage...

It hardly seems that the female gender remains totally insensitive to our builds.

Did you notice that there are never women building models? I regret it personally but it is so...
About the dental clinic, it’s a good idea. I will give you some tips if you want, my friend... 😉

Cheers,  Olivier 

P.S: the Mini is a quite old (and out of stock today as far as I know) 1/12 Tamiya model. 

Well, I've seen some great models on this site by female builders, but for the main part you're right, the modelling crowd is largely made up out of middle-aged men 🙂 

To be honest, if we had a good place for a nice cabinet they would be allowed, but there's just no space for one. And eventually you keep running out of cabinet space, especially when you build 1/24 scale trucks 🤔

I'll have to throw one of the kids out, that would help a lot. Anyway, just a few more years and I'll have enough room. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I've seen some great models on this site by female builders

Oh! Here, I learn something! Can you give me some examples please, I am really curious to see such models (I admit I am much more writer than reader on Brit) and if we may guess such a model is female made.

I'll have to throw one of the kids out, that would help a lot

😂

just a few more years and I'll have enough room. 

So you're a lucky guy, Jeroen. Personally, even with "kids" out or nearly so, and even with room, no models at home!

I exaggerate, there are 2 models in my 20 years old son room: a P-51D Mustang and the OOB version of the Fiat 806. He's a good boy, while not interested (are there some at his age? very few, here too, and maybe 3 or 4 20 years old female builder in the world 😂)

when you build 1/24 scale trucks 🤔

As I am taking a break in model making (the opportunity to clean and organize better my workbench for the Mustang build to come-back), I will go seeing your 1/24 scale truck builds. Can you put a link here please?

Among the about 10 yet unbuilt kits I have got, there is an Iveco Hi-Way 40th anniversary truck. Did you build it?

14 minutes ago, Olivier de St Raph said:

As I am taking a break in model making (the opportunity to clean and organize better my workbench for the Mustang build to come-back), I will go seeing your 1/24 scale truck builds. Can you put a link here please?

Among the about 10 yet unbuilt kits I have got, there is an Iveco Hi-Way 40th anniversary truck. Did you build it?

The links are in my signature Olivier! The Benz is nearly done, the Scania was getting there but took a hit paintwise, so I'm in the process of stripping. I completed a 1/32 scale Volvo recently, a good scale but not much is available. I haven't built the Iveco, but I have some nice ones in the stash including Revell's Krupp Titan and Büssing. And I like the boxy '80's trucks too. 

Check out these builds too while you're at it, I'm sure you'll like them. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jeroen. I could see your great 1/35 Volvo truck, and the Heather Kay thread looks very good too...

You say your builds are in your signature, I am probably not very experienced in the Brit site, but I only found the Volvo one...

No matter! If you can view the signature there's a line that says "on the bench", the Benz is in there. But here's a link if you're interested: 

• Thanks 1