Albatross DV - 1/32

This was a pure pleasure from start to finish. I used the recent MVR boxing for this build and one of the schemes from the kit. It's rigged with ezline without turnbuckles.

The plywood was my favourite part, I sprayed the panels three different acrylic colours, then used thinned oil paints to wiggle the grain on. It's the first ww1 airplane model I've done that I haven't been embarrassed to show the underside.

I'll post more pictures of the figure in the Figure modelling section.

IMG_7695_1

IMG_7696

IMG_7697

IMG_7700

IMG_7701

IMG_7702_1

IMG_7703

IMG_7685

• Like 38
  • Thanks 3

Hello, Ted 

Your DV is brilliant, but the wood ply effect is truly outstanding and looks extremely realistic

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot everyone, I was very happy with how the plywood turned out. the oil paints were really forgiving, getting the right amount of thinner involved when I scribbled the grain and then when I cleaned the brush and pushed the paint around a bit took some experimenting but had a long open time, so took some patience but it was easy to fix mistakes.

Between my eyes and motor control I could not do turnbuckles, even if I wanted to. They look cool on the super-detailed builds but not what I consider fun.

• Like 1